Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

samuel giib rao/violet g g carpenter/leonard j car

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jonathan

Jonathan Report 5 Jan 2010 11:40

sammuel gibb rao, american merchant seaman sailing out of new york, last know living in washington dc, lived in cardiff south wales uk for a short time between 1930 -1935/6. was married to violet gg carpenter during this time, and had 3 children with her Noar E Rao, Gladys A Rao(d) and Desmond Samuel Rao ( my dad), Samuel Gibb Rao was last known to have remarried a lady know as Maggie, when he settled in washington d.c. usa.
my grandmother(violet g g carpenter), remarried a man known as stephen perera who died in 1950. gran was known to have had a brother leonard J carpenter who lived in nottinghamshire was born 13 aug 1917 and died jan 1994, not known if he ever married, we think he did as my aunty gladys went to stay with him and his family in the 1960's, if any body can shed any light on these people and or may be related to any of these people, thanks.

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 5 Jan 2010 11:42

Two points -

Please delete your e-mail - not allowed by GR. You will be contacted through this site - the idea is that you check your thread for replies

And please put in some punctuation, so that your message can be more easily understood.

Thank you

Jonathan

Jonathan Report 5 Jan 2010 15:59

sorry didn't realise email addreses not allowed, won't happen again, i am not very good and puncuation, sorry tried my best

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 5 Jan 2010 16:02

Would you be offended if I spread it out a bit?

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 5 Jan 2010 16:04

Sammuel Gibb Rao, american merchant seaman sailing out of New York, last know living in washington dc, lived in cardiff south wales uk for a short time between 1930 -1935/6.

Wwas married to violet gg carpenter during this time, and had 3 children with her
Noar E Rao, Gladys A Rao(d) and Desmond Samuel Rao ( my dad),

Samuel Gibb Rao was last known to have remarried a lady know as Maggie, when he settled in washington d.c. usa.

my grandmother(violet g g carpenter), remarried a man known as stephen perera who died in 1950.

gran was known to have had a brother leonard J carpenter who lived in nottinghamshire was born 13 aug 1917 and died jan 1994,
not known if he ever married, we think he did as my aunty gladys went to stay with him and his family in the 1960's,

if any body can shed any light on these people and or may be related to any of these people, thanks.

Add

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 5 Jan 2010 16:08

Leonard's birth

Name: Leonard J Carpenter
Mother's Maiden Surname: Jones
Date of Registration: Jul Aug Sep 1917
Registration district: Cardiff
Registration county: Wales
Volume Number: 11a
Page Number: M/20 (

His death - if you buy this cert, you will find out if the informant was a relation

Name: Leonard James Carpenter
Birth Date: 13 Aug 1917
Death Registration Month/Year: Jan 1994
Age at death (estimated): 76
Registration district: Rushcliffe
Inferred County: Nottinghamshire
Register number: 11C
District and Subdistrict: 6901
Entry number: 226

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 5 Jan 2010 16:10

Name: Nora E Rao
Spouse Surname: Long
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1949
Registration district: Cardiff
Registration county (inferred): Glamorgan
Volume Number: 8b
Page Number: 577
Find Spouse: Thomas H

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 5 Jan 2010 16:17

Can't see Violet's marriage to Stephen - did it take place in the UK?

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 5 Jan 2010 16:34

Births Sep 1911 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CARPENTER Violet G G Jones Cardiff 11a 849

Jonathan

Jonathan Report 5 Jan 2010 17:07

i am very greatful for your help.

i did find ref to violet gg carpenters marriage to stephen perera in 1936 11a 833,

thank you for your help.

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 5 Jan 2010 17:39

You may be able to find some children from Nora's marriage - do you have Ancestry? Or would you like me to take a look?

Jonathan

Jonathan Report 5 Jan 2010 18:04

i have just discovered that my great grandfather was joseph rao and he was a merchant seaman possible a medic on the ss pencarrow

Joseph Rao born in Italy and Catherine Lanza born in Quincy, IL who married in 1900 in St. Peter's Church in Adams County, IL. USA.

i know of all of gladys raos children,
but i am not sure about nora's if you have time could you help please

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 5 Jan 2010 20:34

I will send their names etc by PM, as they are probably all living