Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MILITARY RECORDS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 18 Feb 2010 15:13

I AM TRYING TO LOCATE MILITARY RECORDS FOR MY GREAT GRANDFATHER JOHN McCAFFREY WHO SERVED IN THE 11th INNISKILLING FUSILIERS AT THE OUTBREAK OF WORLD WAR 1, JOHN WAS BORN IN ENNISKILLEN COUNTY FERMANAGH ON THE 13th AUGUST 1864. IF ANYONE IS VISITING KEW WOULD THERE BE ANY CHANCE OF HAVING A LOOK FOR ME I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL FOR ANY HELP GIVEN.
GEORGE

Mark

Mark Report 18 Feb 2010 15:24

Try Ancestry.co.uk

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 19 Feb 2010 15:23

Have you tried the National Archives website? May be helpful. Regards.Cx.

Mary

Mary Report 19 Feb 2010 16:21

Had a quick look on Ancestry but nothing coming up.

Maryb

Michael

Michael Report 19 Feb 2010 17:59

Hi
have you searched the "Long Trail Home" site which lists the 11th as being
11th (Service) Battalion (Donegal and Fermanagh)
Formed at Omagh in September 1914 from the Donegal and Fermanagh Volunteers. Came under orders of 3rd Brigade, Ulster Division and moved to Finner Camp.
Record same as 9th Bn.
21 January 1918 : disbanded in France, most officers and men being posted to 9th Bn

hope you may find this helpfull in your research.

Rgs

Mike

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Apr 2013 13:22

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1323999