Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

AArr Wrong Cert..maybe new pair of eyes please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanie

Joanie Report 1 Mar 2010 10:36

I am looking for my aunts birth cert ...Teresa Smith....she was put in a home with 4 other siblings, we know her Pa was William Smith...and mother Lillian Heslop as these are the names on her sisters birth cert ( took yrs to get her cert ) and Heslop is name of Ma on the records of all the other children...these children were put in a home in Lancaster round 1940....
James Smith b. 1926 Morpeth
Peter Smith b.1930 Barnsley
David Smith b.1932...Barnsley
Margaret Smith b.1937...Chorley
seemed family moved round Pa was a general hawker...

TERESA SMITH b. 4/3/1938.......d. 7/3/1975
I sent for the cert with help from the kind people on site of a Teresa Smith born in Nelson...8e 228 ( as nr Chorley and were they were put into home ) but not her...if any one has time could they have a look to see if i have missed her some were , I also sent for parents marriage cert but as the only one was for William Smith and a Elizabeth Heslop i sent for that and they have said that is not ladies name, so i have paid again and sent for it anyway as maybe it does have Lillian on....bit of a monolog i know , driving me nuts...ha-ha.....Ciao Joanie

Julie

Julie Report 1 Mar 2010 10:43

1st can i just ask as this will help....why is Margaret's mums maiden name different, it's coming up as Cotgreaves

OOps..my mistake i was looking at the wrong one Mums name is spelt Hesslop

Joanie

Joanie Report 1 Mar 2010 10:47

Margaret Smith - Chorley - 8c 458 -2nd Q - heslop...

i thought a new pair of eyes might help!

some say Hesslop others Heslop

Julie

Julie Report 1 Mar 2010 10:48

As i said my mistake Mums surname is spelt HeSSlop

Joanie

Joanie Report 1 Mar 2010 10:53

Thank you Julie for looking, it difficult as i only have margaret and teresa's daughter for info and they dont know much plus margaret is a special needs lady in her 70's, and teresa's daughter wants to know about her grandparents....Joanie

Julie

Julie Report 1 Mar 2010 10:55

Do you have an idea when Teresa was born

Joanie

Joanie Report 1 Mar 2010 11:04

Sorry No...margaret was Chorley lancashire 1937 and they were put in to a home nr or in Lancaster when teresa was 2/3 yrs of age but home burned down and no records survived....So i was looking at lancashire hence the Nelson cert.....Joanie

ps as their mother had died...

Joanie

Joanie Report 1 Mar 2010 11:07

I wonder if i should look for Lillian's death as if Teresa was baby then that area might help ?

Julie

Julie Report 1 Mar 2010 11:10

Yes that would narrow it down...do you know when Lillian was born

Joanie

Joanie Report 1 Mar 2010 11:15

No i dont sorry but if marriage was right she married 1925...not much help i know...proper mystery...just looked at some sites nothing as yet...Joanie

ps first child 1926 - 1938 last....

juma

juma Report 1 Mar 2010 15:36

Can find no record of a marriage for Lilian Heslop to William Smith. Nor can I find a birth record of a teresa Smith mmn Heslop.

Joanie

Joanie Report 1 Mar 2010 16:13

Thank you Julie for ur help......The only marriage was for william smith m elizabeth heslop in 1925....so i have as said sent for this will be here end of week i hope...if not them then i am stuck....ciao Joanie