Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Norman James Betts Born 19/03/1947

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gina

Gina Report 2 Jan 2011 01:09

Hi
I am trying to track down the whereabouts of my uncle. He is Norman James Betts, born 19th march 1947. He married Elaine Zeegan in 1969. They had a son, Russell Betts born 11th january 1971. They were last known to be living in Solent-on-sea in the UK. I need to find him with regard to his brother, Robert William Betts, born 20th january 1948. If anyone knows him or where he might be, please get in contact with me. Hope someone can help?

best regards
gina

jax

jax Report 2 Jan 2011 01:13

Not heard of Solent-on-Sea but could be wrong where is that please Unless you mean Southend-on-Sea??
Have you tried the search trees, facebook, friends reunited 192.com

jax

Gina

Gina Report 2 Jan 2011 01:16

Sorry my mistake it is actually Lee-on-the-Solent . Its Hampshire, not far from Portsmouth.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Jan 2011 11:26

They are on the Electoral roll to 2007 still in Hampshire.on www.192.com
You could ask for an electoral roll look up

Flick

Flick Report 2 Jan 2011 11:57

Have you thought of looking in the phone book for the area?

Either on line..........or in your nearest main public library (in the reference section)

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha

Gina

Gina Report 2 Jan 2011 12:42

I know they are on electoral roll until 2007 but there seems no trace after this time.

Flick

Flick Report 2 Jan 2011 12:51

They may have chosen to withold their details from the public version of the ER

Have you done anything about looking for a phone number?

Flick

Flick Report 2 Jan 2011 12:55

There seems to be someone else on GR with his name in a tree.

Incidentally, only if you have the person's permission should you put his/her details in a GR tree...........

Flick

Flick Report 2 Jan 2011 23:30

?????