Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richard Chard and Joanna Goliford/Gulliford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 31 Jul 2011 10:03

Can anybody supply further information?

A baptism was recorded in Midsomer Norton on 6th May 1764 of a boy Richard, fathers name Richard Chard, mothers name Joanna Goliford.

A further baptism was recorded in Midsomer Norton of a girl, Ann on 28th September 1766. No fathers name. mothers name Joanna Goliford.

Are they connected? I am trying to find an Ann Gulliford born about 1765 and wonder if this could be her.

My Ann Gulliford married James Dix in1788 and this is the closest I have come to finding her.

Ann

Flick

Flick Report 31 Jul 2011 10:30

It's possible, as the fact that the mother's full name was recorded on the 1764 baptism would seem to suggest that the parents were not married.

Normally, only her Christian name would be recorded.........if she was even considered worthy of a mention

Ann

Ann Report 2 Aug 2011 23:04

Thanks Flick for taking the time to read my mesage and respond. However I was thinking along those lines, I was looking more for someone who may have either of thse people in their tree.

Ann

Mike *

Mike * Report 2 Aug 2011 23:27

To see if anyone else has them in their tree, use Search Trees at top of page.

Strange that the first child has both parents names but the second just the mother's.

Mike *

Mike * Report 2 Aug 2011 23:31

For reference is this your Ann ?

ANN GULLIFORD
Marriages:
Spouse: PHILIP PLENTY
Marriage: OCT 1787 Midsomer Norton, Somerset, England

EDIT :

Sorry, wrong husband
Obviously not an unusual name in those parts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is this one born 1755

Ann Gulliford--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 1755 Midsomer Norton, Somerset, England

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: John Gulliford
Mother: Mary

Ann

Ann Report 2 Aug 2011 23:33

Hi Mike, Thanks, tried that too! And I thought that was strange too. Can't find any other records for either parent.

Ann

:-S

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Aug 2011 00:31

Richard Chard
England and Wales Census, 1851

birth: Midsomer Norton, Lancashire
census: 1851 —England

record title: England and Wales Census, 1851
name: Richard Chard
birthplace: Midsomer Norton, Lancashire
relationship to head of household: Wife'S Father
record type: Household

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Aug 2011 00:42

Anne CHARD Compact Disc #139 Pin #1225037 Pedigree
Sex: F

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event(s)
Christening: 1 Jan 1722

Crewkerne, Somerset, England

Parents
Father: Richard CHARD Disc #139 Pin #1225038
Mother: Mary SHORTLAND Disc #139 Pin #1227117

Marriage(s)
Spouse: Thomas DICKS or DIX Disc #139 Pin #1225036
Marriage: 25 Dec 1739
Stratton on the Fosse, Somerset, England

Ann

Ann Report 3 Aug 2011 07:29

Sorry Mike, just seen your second post. No that's a different Ann. My Ann definitely married James Dix and wasn't born any earlier than 1765. She hadher last baby in 1810!

Ann

Ann

Ann Report 3 Aug 2011 08:47

Hi Ann of Green Gables. Thanks for the information. Possible that Richard in 1851 is the one baptised in 1764. It's also possible that Anne Chard could be connected to Richard senior. Gives me another area to look at, thanks