Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death Margaret Campbell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 3 Jan 2012 17:24

Can anyone help find a death record for Margaret.

Born Margaret Wakenshaw 1837 Chatton Northumberland
married Joseph Campbell 1863 St Annes church Newcastle
had 4 children
Colin (my great grandad)
Andrew Young 1866
David Stewart 1869
Emma 1870

the last 3 all died young

Joseph died 1896, and she was still alive when David died 1897 as she was admin of his will. I cannot find her on 1901 or 1911 (her place of birth has been consistent on all previous censuses). There is a death in 1897 but I have sent for this death cert and it relates to another Margaret Campbell who lived in Market Street in Blyth.

any eagle eyes can find her or her death?

thanks

Jan

patchem

patchem Report 3 Jan 2012 17:30

Could she have married again?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 3 Jan 2012 17:31

?? would make her older

Deaths Mar 1901 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Campbell Margaret 73 Tynemouth 10b 141

Gee

Gee Report 3 Jan 2012 17:32

England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2005
about Margaret Campbell
Name: Margaret Campbell
Birth Date: abt 1837
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1918
Age at Death: 81
Registration district: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Inferred County: Northumberland
Volume: 10b
Page: 139

Janet

Janet Report 3 Jan 2012 17:32

well I did think about that but she would have been 60 odd by then , I did do a quick search for a Margaret and Chatton birthplace but didnt find anything likely.

Its a possibility though I suppose

Jan

Janet

Janet Report 3 Jan 2012 17:34

Gins,
thank you

the birth date fits but in that case where is she in 1901 and 1911? this is my problem, trying to narrow it down

jan

Gee

Gee Report 3 Jan 2012 17:37

Yes, I cant see a Margaret that matches on the census either

Janet

Janet Report 3 Jan 2012 17:37

Glitter baby

that one if is correct it could explain why no 1901 or 1911.

If no one was left to register death (my gt grandfather was in London by then) then I suppose the age could be out a bit.

J

patchem

patchem Report 3 Jan 2012 17:47

Could she have moved to live with your gt grandfather in London, and died there?

Janet

Janet Report 3 Jan 2012 17:58

well...............

He is even more of a mystery!

On David's letters of admin it says that Margaret is the only next of kin............my great grandad Colin was still alive then so strictly speaking she wasn't.

He was alive in 1901 , his wife died in 1904 and my grandad and his brothers are all over the place by 1911. Grandad living with his mum's brohers family in Walthamstow and I don't really know what happened to Colin after his wife died, all a mystery, I am revisiting some old unknowns to see if I can find any more. There is a Colin Campbell marine engineer in Southampton on the 1911 but place of birth and age a bit out. Am wondering if he went off to sea and left them.

Jan