Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Olive Elizabeth Reddish

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne Susan

Anne Susan Report 20 Mar 2012 19:09

Hi

Can anyone help me find the parents of Olive Elizabeth Reddish. She was born 1911, registered Basford, Notts - ref 7b 355. Her fathers surname was probably Reddish and according to her birth record her mothers maiden name was Gillott but I cannot find a marriage between these names. I also cannot find any siblings. I have looked for marriages between Reddish/Gillott and Reddish/Gillett but no luck In 1933 Olive married Richard Harpham and I have the rest of her family - just would like to know her parents/siblings.

Many thanks
Anne

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Mar 2012 19:13

Reddish is a popular name in Nottinghamshire you really need the marriage cert or birth cert

Mike *

Mike * Report 20 Mar 2012 19:20

Is this her marriage ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Dec 1933 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harpham Richard - Reddish Basford 7b 545
Reddish Olive E -Harpham Basford 7b 545

Anne Susan

Anne Susan Report 20 Mar 2012 19:22

Hi GB

Many thanks for your reply - I thought I would have to get the cert but thought maybe I would try this way first. You are right - there are alot of people with the surname Reddish in Notts.

Thanks again.
Anne

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Mar 2012 19:23

Looks like Gillott is also popular in Nottinghamshire

Anne Susan

Anne Susan Report 20 Mar 2012 19:25

Hi Mike

Yes, the marriage for Olive Reddish and Richard Harpham is the one you have given. I just cannot seem to find her parents/siblings. Just my luck that she was born at the end of 1911 so didn't make the census.

Thanks
Anne

lostmeboardname

lostmeboardname Report 20 Mar 2012 19:37

had a look but cant find a marriage........
think GlitterBaby is right, you need to get a cert.

Jan x

Anne Susan

Anne Susan Report 20 Mar 2012 19:45

Hi Jan

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Anne

Mike *

Mike * Report 20 Mar 2012 20:21

Gillot is the mother's maiden name but she may have been married before so married Mr Reddish under her new name

Anne Susan

Anne Susan Report 21 Mar 2012 18:37

Just to say thanks to everyone who has replied - I am off to get a certificate.

Anne

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 21 Mar 2012 20:29

Good luck Anne. :-)