Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dorothy and Alfred Spencer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbara

Barbara Report 17 Apr 2012 14:30

I cannot believe how hard it is to find the Parish Records/burial site of two relative who died in 1980/1982 although, it does not help not knowing the church in which the funeral took place or the undertakers (many of whom I have contacted in the vicinity without any luck). Their names are Dorothy Kathleen Spencer who died in St. Georges Hospital in Romford in 1980. I have been in touch with the hospital who say they were unable to help and that I should try the Havering Council. This I did but, wait for it, they were also unable to help. Alfred Spencer who died in a home, namely. Ravenscourt, in Hornchurch in 1982. I have been in touch with the home but they are unable to help as they are now privately run and do not hold any records, they too told me to get in touch with the Council but, yet again, they were unable to help. I contact Chelmsford Records Office but they do not hold any records for 1980/82, as yet. I have tried contacting family members without any luck as they are either deceased themselves or cannot remember or were too young at the time and therefore cannot remember. If anyone has any idea where I can look next I would appreciate it. Many thanks. Bibi

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 17 Apr 2012 14:33

Try local newspapers for death notices or obituaries. These often detail where the funeral/cremation is to be held.

Good luck

Barbara

Barbara Report 17 Apr 2012 17:31

Will do. Thanks Jonesey

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 17 Apr 2012 19:56

You could ring Romford Council on,,,,

Community People and Living Cemetery & Crematorium
Sharon Herbert
Registrar of Cemeteries and Crematorium
South Essex Crematorium
Ockendon Road
Corbets Tey 01708 432491

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have the most improtant information which is the name and year she died.

Also Havering cemeteries..on this

Cemeteries and Crematorium Office
South Essex Crematorium
Ockendon Road
Upminster
RM14 2UY

Phone: 01708 434433
Fax: 01708 434422
e-mail: [email protected]

For the chaps burial/cremation.as I said you haver his year of death and his name..

Good Luck..
Sue

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Apr 2012 23:05

Who registered each of the deaths?

jax

jax Report 17 Apr 2012 23:51

If it was a cremation I would say it took place at Corbets Tye Upminster.

This maybe of interest

http://www.eolfhs.org.uk/area/cemeteries/havering/

Cannot see anything on deceasedonline but I cannot see my inlaws either and they were cremated at Corbets Tye