Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adolphe: St Lucia, Bocage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jason

jason Report 21 Dec 2012 22:17

Looking for any members with direct links to Bocage in St Lucia in addition to connections with the Gabriel or Adolph/Adolphe family

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Dec 2012 22:24

Look in 'search all trees' provided by GR for checking possible connections

This assumes you have first name and birth year info..........

patchem

patchem Report 21 Dec 2012 22:25

Have you attempted to contact the members on here who have Gabriel's or Adolph's born in St Lucia in their trees?
There are about a dozen births.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Dec 2012 22:32

Please delete other thread Jason - to save people repeating advice given.
Jan

jason

jason Report 23 Dec 2012 09:43

Hi patchem, to be honest i believe the results you have seen re: Adolphe/Adolph members born in St Lucia are a direct result of my family being live here. The original spelling was minus the until my Grandad came to England and allowed for the E to be placed on the end! In addition yes ive sent email to at least 70% of Adolphe surname holders that came up in my search so far 1% reply, alot of members here seem to have dormant accounts or have since changed email accounts. The Gabriel surname in my family is a direct connection to my gt gt gt gt Grandmother who ive been able to guest-timate roughly being born in 1880, this info was sourced through my Grandmother who is alive and well. I believe that Gabriel could be my shot at tracing however as my Grandmother married to Mr Adolph/Adolphe he to had relatives hence the double search. Gis mother wasnt married so naturally he took mothers surname.

We do have confirmed connections to Barbados and British Guyana. Leads to be followed in the New Year.

Thanks for all your support let me know when i can do the same for you.

Brummiejan!....

Thanks to you to, i see your researching the Eccleston familys ... I DO have Eccleston in my family of Irish decent i believe by long term relationship to a uncle of mine.

jason

jason Report 23 Dec 2012 09:53

Thanks reggie, as stated above after your message actually lol ive searched and sent messages to at least 70% of members with the Adolphe surname in their tree, however this task is still yet to bare fruit from which my seeds was sown! :-) ;-)