Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas, Sarah ,charlotte Roberts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 5 Mar 2013 19:25

Having researched the wrong Charlotte Roberts .I am now in possession of marriage cert of her parents Thomas =Sarah Carter 1869
charlottes birth cert 1877
and copy of 1891 census for this family I'd be happy to pass them on.

Mike *

Mike * Report 5 Mar 2013 19:58

You could enter the details on bmdshare

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 5 Mar 2013 20:06

sorry what thread is bmdshare on ?
forgot to mention family origins ;thomas almwych
sarah' carters parents newcasle on tyne
charlotte liverpool

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 5 Mar 2013 20:11

Alisoun, do you have a previous thread on this?

Yes:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1300276

Mike *

Mike * Report 5 Mar 2013 20:11

Sorry, I just assumed you would get it from Google.

Here's the link ...

http://www.bmdshare.com/

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 5 Mar 2013 20:12

You could also add the details of the certificates as a postem to the relevant index entry at FreeBMD. Might either save someone else the cost of a cert, or let them know they're planning to buy the right one.

I think it's worth doing with all the certs we get, as they are so expensive now. :-)

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 5 Mar 2013 20:49

Marie celeste ;my previous thread was requesting info for what turned out to be the wrong Charlotte roberts ,I just want to donate the certificates now .

Kucinta + Mike sorry I'm not very google trained but I'll try that

It would be nice to give something back after all help I 've had.
Thanks all

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 5 Mar 2013 21:33

Hi Alisoun

When you go to FreeBMD

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Look up the event - birth, marriage, whatever.

eg

Births Jun 1850 (>99%)
Eayres Louisa Sarah Ann Shoreditch 2 420

To the right of '420' will be an 'info' button and a pair of spectacles. Click on either of those, and the opportunity to 'add a postem' will come up, with an explanation of what one is.

You only have 250 characters, but that's usually enough to get the key information down.

Thanks for thinking of others. :-)

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 6 Mar 2013 17:39

Kucinta : thanks for walking me through that step by step I managed to add a postem for the marriage certificate would never have managed without your instructions and couldn't do it a 2nd time must have been too tired .
It's the first time I've used that site ;it seems like you have to know all the information before you search .

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 6 Mar 2013 21:52

Oh dear,my example may have put you off as I gave the actual ref to show where the info icon and spectacles were. :-(

If you had actually been searching for Louisa Eayres, you could have just put in her names, and dates between which to search, to see what came up as a possibility for her.

Obviously the more information you have, the easier it is to find the event you're looking for, but it's a very useful tool - especially when kind people like you take the time to add postems.

The great thing about FreeBmd is that it is free.

Alisoun

Alisoun Report 6 Mar 2013 22:08

No i realised you'd given an example it wasn't at all confusing your explanation was spot on .and yes it's great that its free the more I use it the more i'll get used to it .I'll have another quick play around with other names tonight .