Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mother of Wybrew Flora Davey. B. C1765

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert (Bob)

Robert (Bob) Report 18 May 2013 01:47

HRH William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland is rumoured to be the father of Ms Davey following an affair with the daughter of an unknown Scottish soldier.
Does anyone have any further info re the daughter/mother.
Bob B. Sydney, Australia

patchem

patchem Report 18 May 2013 07:19

Someone else on genes has her in their tree.
Have you contacted them?

There seems to be an awful lot of information on google searches.

Added:
She is showing on 1841 under her married name.
I must cycle past her house on my way to work every day, but I think it has been demolished. Though there are some strange 'conversions' along there. You can probably use google maps to get street view of the road.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 19 May 2013 15:36

Welcome to the Community boards Bob.

As Bob is a new poster, I'll send him a friendly message on how to return to this thread. :-)

Robert (Bob)

Robert (Bob) Report 26 May 2013 07:16

Thanx for the help. Bob B

Susan

Susan Report 26 May 2013 09:20

This thread rings a bell?

You would be better off bob if you put the old thread back up so ,we do not search over the same ground as last time :-)

alviegal

alviegal Report 27 May 2013 14:25

Midlothian (Edinburgh), Scotland, Extracted Parish Records about Suckling, William, Jun. Miss Wibrow James Davey
Text: Suckling, William, jun., of Banham How, county of Northfolk, in Old Kirk p., and Miss Wibrow, same p., d. of James Davey, merchant in Ipswich, county of Suffolk 16 May 1788
Book: Volume 5. The Register of Marriages. (Marriage)
Collection: Midlothian: Edinburgh - Register of Marriages, 1751-1800

This is the marriage that has been attached to her.

EDIT I see from your ancestry account that you have written this was just a cover for the fact that she was William's daughter.

alviegal

alviegal Report 27 May 2013 15:14

I suppose you have also seen this?

*SUCKLING: Burke's Landed Gentry, 1900, p1523, under Suckling of Barsham. William Suckling Col. 3rd Dragoon Guards, b.27 April 1762. M. 1787, the grand-dau. of G. Wybrew, and had issue, 1: William Benjamin, of Highwood Romsey, Hants., Vice-Admiral, sailed with his godfather Admiral Lord Nelson, in 1803, and was in the Victory at Trafalgar. B. 1788; mar. 1847, Caroline, dau. of W. Loaden, and d. 1865, having by her (who d. 1896) had issue, Florence Horatia Nelson, m. 6, Sept. 1876, Capt. Thomas Suckling, R.N. J.P. Hants. b. 8, Aug. 1844. She died 1877. These were cousins of Nelson whose mother was Catherine Suckling, b. 9, May 1725 and granddau. of Rev. Maurice Suckling, Rector of Bresham, b.1676. The above was added by my father Bernard Rawes.

From http://www.rawes.co.uk/families/f016.htm

and this about her mother?

Gender Female
Died Yes, date unknown
Notes

IDENTITY: Investigate> A daughter of a soldier in Scotland.

CONDITION: All three of her children were born before she was 18.

Person ID I96524 British Isles. Peerage, Baronetage, and Landed Gentry families with extended lineage
Last Modified 1 Sep 2011

Family William Augustus, Duke of Cumberland, b. 15 Apr 1721, St. James' Palace, Westminster, Middlesex, England Find all individuals with events at this location, d. 31 Oct 1765, Upper Grosvenor Street, Westminster, Middlesex, England Find all individuals with events at this location
Children
1. Wybrew Flora Davey, d. 1848
2. [Unknown] Davey, d. Yes, date unknown
3. [Unknown] Davey, d. Yes, date unknown

from http://histfam.familysearch.org/getperson.php?personID=I96524&tree=Nixon

Robert (Bob)

Robert (Bob) Report 28 May 2013 00:33

Hi alviegal,

I have seen most of the above information you have provided, except the detail re Wybrew Flora Davey's mother having three children before reaching 18 years of age.

Most of the Ancestors members seem to believe that WFD's mother was born C1730 & WFD C1760. (1760 - 18 = C1742) . Do you have any definitive info regarding thease birth dates???

Many thanks for the details provided.

My tree is the Bridgewood Family Tree and by some quirk of fate I am related to Nelson's mother & to the Walpole line including The 1st Lord of the Treasury , Sir Robert Walpole. B. 1676 - 1745.

Bob B