Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Burial Place.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

enna

enna Report 8 Jun 2013 20:08

Does anyone know please how to find the Plot my Father-in-law is in?
I have explored the Graveyard that I would think he was buried but no mention of him.
He died in the 1950's.
I realise there won't have been a Headstone but surely there should have been a record of where he is??
Please, any ideas??
Regards.
Anne.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Jun 2013 20:15

Do you think he was buried in a churchyard or a cemetery? Most cemeteries have their burial records on computer and either the cemetery office or the local council offices should be able to tell you if he is buried there (especially if you have the date of death).

If it was a churchyard then the plot details should either still be with the church sexton or with the relevant County Records Office.

Kath. x

Alemap

Alemap Report 8 Jun 2013 20:19

Hi Anne,
Contact the council cemeteries department.

If you care to give a name and the area of where your father in law died, someone maybe able to help you.

Pam :-)

enna

enna Report 8 Jun 2013 20:20

Thanks Kath. No record of burial in the one and only village cemetery.
Nothing in the Church records. Will have to try the County Records Office.

Thanks again.
Anne. x

enna

enna Report 8 Jun 2013 20:24

Hello Pam.
Thank you. Will do as you suggest!

Anne. x ;-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Jun 2013 20:26

Are you certain he had a burial and not a cremation? If cremated the ashes could have been scattered and there won't necessarily be a plot number to find.

Kath. x

enna

enna Report 8 Jun 2013 20:31

I don't think it would have been a cremation Kath. Very few around here in the '50s. x

Alemap

Alemap Report 8 Jun 2013 20:58

The newspaper at the time may have the obit, which would help with info. So a trip to the local library may help. :-)

enna

enna Report 18 Jul 2020 12:22

To the people who kindly messaged me, years ago. Thank you.
found the plot. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Jul 2020 10:41

Really glad to hear that. Thanks for letting us know.

Kath. x

Kuros

Kuros Report 19 Jul 2020 13:23

That's good news. Would you mind telling us how you found it in the end?

Annie