Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

moon griffiths winwick hospital

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 10 Jun 2013 22:40

Gwenebahart if you contact me I have lots of information and photos on the people you are researching Lizzie Griffiths and family they are my ancestors as well
regards Margaret

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Jun 2013 22:53

Who is this person?

Is he/she a GR member?

If there is a thread about this, add your post on there, where it will be in context

Otherwise, find the shared relative in 'search all trees' and send a message to the tree owner

Keith

Keith Report 11 Jun 2013 09:47

hi this is nearly 3 years old but only just spotted it
was hoping maybe they would spot it
it was not on genes reunited I spotted it it was on ancestery but maybe they have both
heres hoping

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Jun 2013 09:52

You should try to make contact through Ancestry, if that's where the person has a tree

Or look on here in 'search all trees' as advised above...................presumably you know when and where 'Lizzie Griffiths' was born

Keith

Keith Report 11 Jun 2013 11:36

I cannot get on ancestry I am not a member but thanks for your advice .how do I search all trees on here

Dea

Dea Report 11 Jun 2013 11:51

On here - click on 'search', top right of this board, then choose 'search all trees' from the drop-down menu.

By the way - have you looked on the Mundia site which is a sister site to Ancestry.

If this person has a public tree on Ancestry it will also be on there and you will be able to contact them

address is :

http://www.mundia.com/gb/

Dea x

P.S. - You have to register but it is a FREE site.

Dea x

Keith

Keith Report 11 Jun 2013 13:13

thank you so much will try that site

Keith

Keith Report 11 Jun 2013 13:29

tried mundia when I try to register it says email address already in use
then I click forgot my password (even though I am sure I have never registered on this site)
page comes up and says enter email address then we will reset password
then I enter email address and it comes up email address not recognised
have tried several times and it just gos around repeating this

Dea

Dea Report 11 Jun 2013 13:35

That is very strange - perhaps the site has a fault at the moment?

You could try contacting them from the link at the bottom of the registration page and see if they can assist you to register.

Dea x

Keith

Keith Report 11 Jun 2013 13:52

thanks i can see more comments about the site people unable to sign in maybe as you say it has a fault at the moment
will try later thanks so much

Dea

Dea Report 11 Jun 2013 14:00

You are welcome. :-)

If you are unable to make contact that way - I have an Ancestry sub so if you tell me how you got to that message on there you can pm me your e-mail address and I can send it to Gwenebahart and ask her? to contact you.

It is worthwhile trying to get into the Mundia site though as there are lots of trees on there!

Dea x

Keith

Keith Report 11 Jun 2013 18:32

Dea
I came across this by chance I was just passing time and typed my grandmothers name into the search engine
to my amazement I realised the person or persons they were looking for info on were my grandparents Lizzie Griffiths who married Thomas Moon
I have no way of contacting the person or persons who requested this but have lots of photos and documentation on Lizzie and Thomas
would love to send copies
the posts were dated 2010 but maybe they are still looking
I know they are or were on ancestery as this info came up as listed on there
do not know if it one or two people as the names that came up were Gwenebhart and also a Greg Singleton
I was wrong in the spelling I put a extra a in Gwenebhart but this is the right spelling
would be very gratfull if you could ask them to contact me
how can I give you my email address without it appearing on here
not very good at computors as you have gathered

Dea

Dea Report 11 Jun 2013 18:40

click on my name and it will open up a box for you to send me a private message which no-one else will see.

I will look on Ancestry and se if I can find it !

Dea x

Keith

Keith Report 11 Jun 2013 18:52

Dea thank you I have sent you my email address
if I get anything back from this I will let you know
once again thanks

Dea

Dea Report 11 Jun 2013 18:58

I have found it and sent her your details - Hope she makes contact.

Dea Xxx

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 11 Jun 2013 19:29

Keith, if ever in the past you have registered with Ancestry (even if just for a free trial) then your email address would carry over to Mundia. I'm a member of Ancestry and use those log in details to access Mundia as they're connected.

If you still have problems getting into Mundia with your existing email address then re-register with a new email address (just create a hotmail or gmail account, or similar). It's well worth it because of the access to trees and owners it gives you (just beware of badly researched trees!)

Dea

Dea Report 11 Jun 2013 20:37

Hi MC ~~~~~~~~~ Xxx

Keith

Keith Report 11 Jun 2013 21:04

thank you so much
for all advice and help...i will post if any contact is made
really hope so she or he or they do ..seem know quite a lot about my grandmother and father but there are gaps and a tiny bit of the content they have is not correct eg bmd certificates I have some of the first ones that were issued when the persons died
also have lots of memories and photos of my grandparents plus lots of memories of happy times spent with them
hopefully I can share them due to your help :-)

Dea

Dea Report 11 Jun 2013 21:30

keep me posted Margaret !!

Dea Xxx

Keith

Keith Report 12 Jun 2013 13:49

Dea I am so frustrated if I type gwenebhart in the search engine she comes up but I cannot contact her
can see all her posts and the answers given to her a lot are right but quite a few are wrong
they have my granddad as Richard Clements stepfather he is his biological father
they have Richard born before they married this is not true they married first as I have the marriage cert and his birth cert
some other detail is wrong I feel for her doing her family tree and some info is not correct
it certainly makes me think how easy it would be to get your family tree wrong
no contact as yet apparently she lives in Australia
I had relatives in Australia my dads brother long dead now well his son emigrated to Australia
it could be a relative
once again thanks for all you have done
still cannot register on that site but can see quite a lot of people having trouble trying to
well fingers crossed she makes contact with me
will let you know
glad there are kind people like you willing to help dunces like me
Margaret