Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

james kerr

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 12 Dec 2013 10:13

im asking if anyone can help me to try to find any info on james kerr who died in june 1834 aged 43 in london he was married to jane dixon in 1829 and had three children henry who was my great grandfather , james , and charles charles died in 1836 what im trying to do is find where james may have been born , there was a story that he walked from scotland to london i know he was a tailor when he married thanks again for any help you can give me

John

John Report 12 Dec 2013 10:41

it was 1834 as charles and james died at same address within 2 years of each other

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2013 10:42

Would you delete your other two posts..............seems you were a bit heavy-handed on the 'submit' button

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2013 10:44

Clearly you don't need burial info................you gave us the man's death details.

As for his birthplace..............pinpointing it could prove very difficult, as you've already discovered.

John

John Report 12 Dec 2013 10:49

he had died roofgatherer and his wife remarried and moved to sunderland with a mr warde im looking to see if i can find info on james born 1791 dont think he was from london though

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 12 Dec 2013 10:50

Have deleted the burial information for the other James Kerr. Will leave this one to Reggie.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 12 Dec 2013 11:02

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1298352

(can remember above relating, could have been more?)

Chris :)

edits (worth a look on below)

http://www.westminster.gov.uk/services/libraries/archives/family-history/information-sheets-06-to-10/

John

John Report 12 Dec 2013 11:03

no probs hope someone can do some detective work my brain not working too well these days

John

John Report 12 Dec 2013 11:07

just james chris after his death i know just love to get what i can on james if i can did he have family ? did he walk from scotland ? i know no one can answer these questions but to put we on right track even if his grave still there ?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2013 11:11

John

PLEASE delete the other two threads you posted today

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2013 11:13

Another old one...................

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1298699

John

John Report 12 Dec 2013 11:15

how do i do that ?

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 13 Dec 2013 11:25

Hello John, it's easy to delete your old threads.

Simply click on one of the blue links above and it will take you to the old thread. When you see the old thread, you will see the word 'Delete' printed in blue. Click on that and, hey presto, the thread is gone.

Then, come back to this thread and do the same with the other old threads you have been advised to remove.

Hope this helps. Cx :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Dec 2013 13:54

Please do not delete the OLD threads..........they have info on them, which people used time and effort to find for you

Just remove the 'extras' you posted in error yesterday

John

John Report 13 Dec 2013 16:27

thank you cynthia thats sorted x wish i was asclever as reggie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 May 2014 08:41

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1340472