Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

stanfords

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2014 10:33

looking for info on the stanfords alfred charles stanford father of william stanford whom married sophia powell . william and sophia married july 30th 1905 witness father alfred charles stanford looking for info on alfred charles stanford and his parents thank you

Astra

Astra Report 11 Jan 2014 10:36

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1336028

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1335865

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Jan 2014 10:50

Try researching them..................use freebmd.

And ONE post per topic, please.........as per site guidelines.

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2014 10:57

thank you

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 11 Jan 2014 11:42

Hi Susan

You already have lots of info regarding Alfred Charles Stanford on your other "Stanford" thread.

If you need further info about him......just add the information you are looking for to your other thread.

Prickles.

Edit: I have just checked your William Stanford thread and it already gives details of Alfred Charles Stanford's parents.......including their marriage.

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2014 16:19

thank you

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2014 22:21

i don't know if any one can advise me a lady contacted me to say she had a alfred charles stanford who had a son william who married sophie powell so this is the same family as mine what the lady is asking sophie and william came from stratford and alfred was born in suffolk any idears

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Jan 2014 22:24

If she sent you a PM. it will be in your inbox.

Find it...........and send a reply

..................and when you ask for help............please take the time to read all of the replies, and make a note of the info............so that you don't keep asking repeatedly for the same thing

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2014 22:31

well that was a bit abrupt reggie

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 11 Jan 2014 22:41

Hi Susan

Am i right in assuming that the lady sent you a personal message which you received in your inbox?

Perhaps you could ask her if she would allow you to view her tree so that you can take a look to see if it is indeed connected to your family.

You could also ask her how she is connected to the family.

Your William was born in Stratford and Alfred in Suffolk so there does seem to be a family connection.

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Jan 2014 23:21

hi she said she related to clement stanford and it appears to be the same tree but she was wondering because alfred was born in suffok and william was born in stratford thanks x