Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Welsh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 7 Mar 2014 18:20

Hi ,am having a few probs here and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts??
in May 1898 the above was arrested in Johnstone-Scotland with a child that he had kidnapped 5 days previously -this child would later become my grand ma
Bridget was kidnapped from outside her home -High St Glasgow,,in May of 1898 he was sent to Glasgow court and then to be tried at the sheriffs court,but then the prime minister Gladstone died and all the Scottish papers for days reported on this event so I cannot find any outcome of Thomas fate,there is a twist to the tale Bridgets mother was Margaret King wife of Hugh Kng the activist but the year before Bridget was born Margaret had a child Euphemia to Thomas Welsh he was registered has her father then Euphemia died the following year and Margeret gave birth to Bridget whose birth was recorded has Illigitamate-yet she was living under the name of Bridget King at the time of the kidnapping so I am assuming that Thomas was more than likely the real father

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 7 Mar 2014 18:31

Elizabeth, this sounds familiar ....

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 7 Mar 2014 18:50

To avoid duplicate research....

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/tips_board/thread/1335550

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 7 Mar 2014 22:23

Sorrrry
:-S