Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

catherine murray

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

thomas

thomas Report 12 May 2014 23:10

my mother catherine murray was born in belfast maternity on16/10 1920 her mothers maiden name was susan oneill the address on birth certificate was 190
wilton st belfast for the father thomas s murray.he was a soldier based in london.dates dont seem to add up.could this be his families home ,how do i find out help.
thomas

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 13 May 2014 01:29

Previous thread relating to same family:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1338511

Based on the previous thread,Thomas S Murray and Susan O'neill married in Coatbridge Lanarkshire in 1914.
Thomas then elisted for active service and was discharged in 1919.
Their daughter Catherine was born in Belfast 1920 but the family must have moved back to Scotland?
I know we asked this before, but can you tell us how old they were at time of marriage, and the names of both Thomas and Susan's parents who are listed on the 1914 marriage.

At 1911, the address of 190 Wilton Street doesn't seem to exist as the numbers only reach to 72
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Wood_Vale_Ward/Wilton_Street/
The street seems to continue simply as Wilton
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Wood_Vale_Ward/Wilton/

There are no Murrays or O'Neills in this street at 1911

No190 Wilton in 1911
Residents of a house 190 in Wilton (Wood Vale Ward, Antrim)
Show all information
Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion
Mullan Bridget 39 Female Head of Family Roman Catholic
Mullan Elizabeth 23 Female Daughter Roman Catholic
Mullan Mary 20 Female Daughter Roman Catholic
Mullan Sarah 12 Female Daughter Roman Catholic
Mullan Susan 4 Female Daughter Roman Catholic

Gee

Gee Report 13 May 2014 07:06

Hi Thomas

Ive nudged up and posted your request on your original thread

Please can you just add to the first thread so that we can all see the full picture on your family and what has been found

You should delete this one

:-)

thomas

thomas Report 13 May 2014 23:13

thank you very much for your research thomas s murray reinlisted inthe army in1919 in military police he had a son named thomas simpson murray born inuckfield ,hampshire 14/12/1919 to alice emily brown.he never came back to scotland after 1920 he stayed in various parts of london until at least 1956 wth alice wife ? on my mothers birth cert thomas s murrays address was190 wilton belfast .this is reason i wanted to find out who stayed at this address in 1920.
in 1911census he stayed in alfred st antrim with hi father william mother rose and brother hugh. my grandmother susan had family in belfast,cousins rose oneill.
thomas s would be 21 and susan would be 25 when married in1914.his mothers name was rose marks murray fathers name william. susans mothers name was catherine whelahan oneill fathers name was john thanks very much for your help thomas