Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

St Stephens, Wandsworth 1892 Craven & Foster

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deirdre

Deirdre Report 8 Oct 2014 17:23

Craven & Foster got married in St Stephens, Wandsworth on 15 August 1892. I cannot find any information on this church. I have a copy of the wedding register. Has the church been knocked down - any information would be helpful.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 8 Oct 2014 17:28

Have you tried a Google search Dierdre? There seems to be a St Stephen, could it be that one?
Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 8 Oct 2014 17:31

For some reason, it has been transcribed as Putney St Stephen's Mission Church. This comes up on a Google Search.
Jan

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Oct 2014 18:34

Name: William Craven
Event Type: Marriage
Registration Quarter: Jul-Aug-Sep
Registration Year: 1892
Registration District: Wandsworth
County: London
Event Place: Wandsworth, London, England
Volume: 1D
Page: 1211
Line Number: 379

William Craven probably married one of the following people
Name: Emily Foster

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Oct 2014 18:35

Christ Church & St Stephen Church

Christ Church & St Stephen Church
Candahar Road
Wandsworth
London SW11 2PU Tel: 0207 228 1225
Fax: 0207 228 1225

The church dates from 1980, and was designed by local church architect Melhuish and Anderson. It replaced a previous Victorian church, and was dedicated on 23 July 1983.

Deirdre

Deirdre Report 9 Oct 2014 16:41

Thank you, especially Ann Cardiff for informing me that the Victorian Church was replaced by Christ Church & St Stephen Church in Candahar Road, Wandsworth. I was obviously looking in the wrong place. Another piece of the jigsaw. Thank you.