Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

still trying to find birth rosina arena

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

malyon

malyon Report 22 Dec 2014 11:25

hi
i have had a lot of help but i still cannot find birth in malta of my gt.grandmother rosina arena from malta born 1849 or 1850 she called herself rosa and rose on the census i have her marriage in malta in 1865 to patrick mckeon she died in hampshire in 1907 named rosina elley second marriage on cert father named as robert arena
any help with this would be most grateful

yvonne

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 22 Dec 2014 11:39

You have two related threads; It would be better to keep them all on one thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1347561

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1347745

Jude

Inky1

Inky1 Report 22 Dec 2014 11:42

Have you actually tried Google?

http://barbsnow.net/Malta.htm

Seems that civil registration started in 1863. Also remember that Malta suffered greatly during WW2, and much was destroyed by bombing.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 22 Dec 2014 11:54

Please do not keep posting new threads.

Read all the replies posted previously, and perhaps try to accept that this specific piece of info can't be found

What searches have you done yourself?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 22 Dec 2014 12:56

One of the previous threads has now been deleted.........

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 22 Dec 2014 13:04

Yvonne - you have deleted the thread which had quite a lot of research on it ....you should have kept that one and deleted this one. I am afraid you will get little help on research by doing this.

Jude

Inky1

Inky1 Report 22 Dec 2014 16:20

Christmas. The season of goodwill.............

This post is a request for help on a birth.

I was typing my reply above as Jude's post was sent, so I did not see that post until I hit return.
The one other thread that Yvonne has not presently deleted was not for help with this birth. If the deleted thread was about this birth, then comments are justified. But was it? If not, then:-

Yes, the two threads are about the same family. But they are different requests.
Yes, this request could have been added to the previous thread. But it wasn't.

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 22 Dec 2014 17:40

Inky....the season of goodwill indeed.....The undeleted thread is about Patrick's birth. The deleted one - with at least 15 responses from memory - was about Rosina's birth. I am almost sure I sent some links to a cemetery in Malta as well (though won't swear to that being this thread).

It is frustrating that someone would deliberately delete information whilst seeking exactly same information. It hardly engenders goodwill at any time of the year. And they really were the same request about the same person (in the case of this and the deleted thread). I didn't criticise earlier just suggested it was better kept to the original thread. And so then the original thread was deliberately deleted. Again I have not been nasty but this hardly deserves goodwill.

Jude

malyon

malyon Report 22 Dec 2014 17:44

hi
i have looked on a few sites for this birth and for a long time i keep thinking that rosa was not born in malta but lived there she could not speak english or even write her name so she might not know where she was born she married in vittoriosa in 1865
to irishman patrick mckeon

COPY PRINT SOURCE BOX SHARE
Attach to Family Tree

Patrick Mckeon
England and Wales Census, 1851
Name
Patrick Mckeon
Event Type
Census
Event Date
Event Place
Dukinfield, Lancashire, England
Registration District
Ashton-Under-Lyne
Residence Note
Wolleys Court
Marital Status
Unmarried
Occupation
Working Hand
Relationship to Head of Household
Son
Birth Year (Estimated)
Birthplace
Ireland
Page Number
Registration Number
HO107
Piece/Folio
2237 / 267
Affiliate Record Type
Household
Household
Role
Sex
Ann Mckeon
Head
F
Ireland
James Mckeon
Son
M
Ireland
Mary Mckeon
Daughter
F
Ireland
Patrick Mckeon
Son
M
Ireland
Ellen Mckeon
Daughter
F
Ireland
Bridget Mckeon
Daughter
F
Ireland
Thomas Mckeon
Son
M
Ireland
John Mckeon
Son
M
Ireland

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 22 Dec 2014 18:36

The deleted thread

www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1347561
13 Dec 2014 - 2 posts - ?2 authors
i am trying to find the birth place of my gt,grandmother rosina arena birth abt. 1850 i was told she was born in malta, she married a patrick ...

QED :-)

Jude

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 22 Dec 2014 22:27

Perhaps, Inky, if you had contributed anything to the deleted thread your attitude would have been somewhat different

Inky1

Inky1 Report 23 Dec 2014 10:19

Jacqueline,
There is no "perhaps" about it. But I did not see the other two threads mainly for two linked reasons:-
- I keep my live tree (ie the one that I update) on this site and I my prime reason for logging-in is to update it.
- Then, generally, I only look AND read the recent posts on the Genealogy Chat board. Also ‘scan’ down the lists on the first screen page of both General Chat & Find Ancestors boards to see if there is anything interesting. (By the time a thread drops off page 1 of Find Ancestors it has usually been answered)
Had I noted the other threads my response would have been similar to Jude’s.
At the point in time that I noticed this thread there were no replies. Thus I did a bit of Google to come up with a link. Meantime, Jude was preparing and sending his post. Had Jude’s post already been up, I would not have made any post on this thread.

There is a similar time overlap on the other thread.
11:59 Yvonne responds to Gritty
“yes thats their daughter found them in the 1871 census in Liverpool”
And one minute later…
12:00 Shirley posts the 1871 census.

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 23 Dec 2014 11:40

Inky1...I'm a she :-)

Jude

malyon

malyon Report 27 Dec 2014 16:26

hi
still looking for the birth of rosins arena born 1849-1850
says father was robert arena on her marriage cert.

she married in gibraltar 1865