Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

norman Hank Glasgow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 3 Sep 2017 15:18

Hi all,
I am looking to see if I can trace roots back to Norman,they say surname Glasgow goes back to Scotland,all I have soo far is Norman who is from Halifax area of Nova scotia and he probably born in the 1940s but not sure ,his mother was called Grace and her maiden name was Downey (I think) can anyone please find go back on censors for me please if possible in nova scotia so I can try and find ancesters of him ,many thanks if you can ,regards Sandra

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Sep 2017 16:22

The last Canadian census online is for 1921, and there are stricter privacy laws in Canada. Was his mother Grace Downey also born Canada?

Sandra

Sandra Report 3 Sep 2017 17:37

hi Nyx ,I have messaged my daughter in law to see if she can enlight me on any more info ,will let you know when I hear back from her ,,,