Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ELECTORAL ROLL CHECK 1995 Norfolk?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CasCas

CasCas Report 18 Nov 2017 14:56

Good afternoon

I'm not sure if this is possible but is it possible to do a elec roll check on an address for 1995 in Norfolk?

I have today received a death certificate for a chap and I'm trying to find out who he may have been living with at the time of his death? The informant on the certificate may have been his partner - but certificate doesn't give any clues.

I do not live in that part of the country myself so am unable to visit any local offices.

The address was 19 RIDER HAGGARD ROAD, HEARTSEASE, NORWICH, NORFOLK. deceased John Herbert Fox b1932 d1995. Informant June Margaret Armstrong. It says he was Buried also.

Many thanks for any advice

Cassie

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Nov 2017 15:45

Sorry those records aren't online
They are available at the local main library searchable by address

CasCas

CasCas Report 18 Nov 2017 15:49

Thank you Shirley I thought that may be the case. No problems. I may be able to find a local researcher for a fee.

many thanks

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Nov 2017 19:22

Just ask the archivist/Librarian. They’d normally charge per 15 min.

A few years ago, Oxfordshire Archives looked something up. Not only did they look at the year in question, but also back & forward until the names changed.
They contacted me to say they’d found the info before transferring the call for the £10 payment to be taken.

CasCas

CasCas Report 18 Nov 2017 20:58

Thanks for that Detective. Ill try that. 15mins should be enough if you know where to look.

Regards
Cassie