Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FAMILY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jean

Jean Report 20 Nov 2017 23:30

I am trying to track down my nice her name Before she was adopdited was lorraine nicholls she was Born 1975 at marston green hospital Birmingham her moms name was linda nicholls when she was adopdited she lived at my moms at Hutton avenue saltley alum rock she was about 5years of age the last time I seen her my dad will be 87 years younger next year and all ways ask about lorraine Best Regards john nicholls

Rambling

Rambling Report 20 Nov 2017 23:36

If you click on "Search " at top of page , then search trees for Lorraine Nicholls 1975 it looks as if Lorraine was or is a member, ( It is an old membership number unfortunately, but worth trying) click on 'Find out more' to send a message. If she has the same email as when she joined she will be notified and able to reply.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 21 Nov 2017 00:42

John, if you haven’t already, add your name and hers to the adoption contact register
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register
If she has as well, the system should match you up.

Further down that page is a further link about intermediary agencies. They can be hired to look for Lorraine. Unlike you, they are given access to her adoption files & will discover her adopted name. Be aware, if they can find your niece, it’s her decision whether or not you are given her contact details.