Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Catherine A Valentine

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rona

Rona Report 26 Nov 2017 16:07

My grandmother Catherine Valentine was knocked down on Stony Stratford high street in January 1942. She was taken to hospital in Northampton but died of her injuries. How do I find out where she is buried?
Any help would be appreciated.
Rona

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 26 Nov 2017 16:15

Was that her below?...

Chris :)

30 January 1942 - Northampton Mercury - Northampton, Northamptonshire

BUS IN COLLISION
Kathleen Valentine, 50, Clarence road, Stony Stratford, was admitted to Northampton General Hospital with an injury to the the right leg, is fairly comfortable

Deaths Mar 1942 (>99%)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Valentine Catherine E 72 Northampton 3b 150

1939 Register (Find My Past)

50 Clarence Road , Wolverton U.D., Buckinghamshire,
Catherine E Valentine 17 Apr 1868 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Widowed
Francis E Valentine 11 Nov 1897 Male Grocers Assistant Widowed
John Leonard Valentine 12 Feb 1904 Male Acetylene Welder Single

Birth
VALENTINE, FRANCIS EDGAR (ALLEN)
GRO Reference: 1897 D Quarter in BRIXWORTH Volume 03B Page 120

Edits (below for Address also)

10 November 1950 - Northampton Mercury - Northampton, Northamptonshire

Peter James Valentine (17) 50, Clarence-road. Stony Stratford, in letters to Towcester Magistrates’ Court, admitted setting off fireworks on the public highway at Yardley Gobion on October 5.

Gee

Gee Report 26 Nov 2017 16:25

Rona

You can contact the local council who will search the municipal cemeteries for you. They will charge for this service but it's not a hefty fee!

Rona

Rona Report 26 Nov 2017 16:44

Yes, that's her.
That's all I could find out too, although I hadn't realised she died a couple of months after the accident.
I will check with the local council although I suppose that won't be easy. She lived in Stony Stratford, Buckinghamshire and I'm assuming she died in hospital as her death was registered in Northamptonshire
Thanks for your help.
Rona.

malyon

malyon Report 26 Nov 2017 18:11

stony stratford is on the boarders of Northamptonshire so most likely nothampton hospital would be nearest

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 26 Nov 2017 19:15

Her death was not necessarily a couple of months after the accident just because it was registered in the March quarter. Deaths that occur between the 1st. January and 31st. March can be registered in the March quarter. If you buy a copy of her death certificate, you would be able to give the local council an exact date of death to reduce the timescale of the search required.

Rona

Rona Report 26 Nov 2017 23:05

Hi Chris.
Thanks for all that info. Peter Valentine was my half brother. Wish I'd known about the fireworks before he passed away a few years ago. He would have giggled at that..
Rona