Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 18 Dec 2017 16:32

Has the Family Search site gone down, unable to connect

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Dec 2017 16:46

It's working OK for me.

I seem to remember a message on the site yesterday, something about some facilities not being available for a short time because they were working on the site - I think it was FS I saw that on. Maybe you tried just at the wrong moment.

John

John Report 18 Dec 2017 17:07

Hello ArgyllGran. A long time no contact, hope all is OK with you. Re Family Search been trying for 2 days now , thought they may be working on the site. I have been with them for a few years now so just can't understand why I am logged in but that message keeps coming up, yet you are able to. Have a good Christmas AG

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Dec 2017 18:05

I wonder if it's something to do with the fact that I logged on a couple of days ago and ticked the box to stay logged in for two weeks?
So I'm still logged in.
I won't risk logging out to try to log in again - maybe that won't work!

Happy Christmas to you too, John.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 20 Dec 2017 15:32

I only set up the free account a few days ago so I could continue to use the site. I always log out of sites and I have logged in and out of familysearch several times over the last few days and had no problems at all.