Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Workhouse- More information needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 7 Feb 2018 21:07

Is it possible to get more information on a dishcharge from the workhouse.

You have helped me a lot this week with my Great Grandmother, Mary Lynn, we have found 2 entries of discharge from 2 workhouses at around the trime and place where I would have probably expected her to be.

Are you able to help me with more information to enable me to establish if this is her please?

19th July 1899 discharged from City road workhouse(St Lukes workhouse)
Borough of Holborn

and

24th March 1922 discharged from Britten St, Old and New workhouses

What I am after, if it is her, is where she was discharged to, and possible why she was in there, any other information would be a bonus.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 7 Feb 2018 21:22

Deborah -

you'd be better to add this to the end of your other thread, to keep all Mary Lynn's details together, and save people maybe researching all the same information over again.

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1370379

EDIT:

In fact, I've just copied your post over to the other thread.

I see you've already asked the same question on there anyway.

Deborah

Deborah Report 7 Feb 2018 21:27

Yes, I am so sorry, I didnt mean to confuse things, thank you for doing that for me, I am very new to this.