Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OXTOBY Surname Study

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 30 Mar 2018 15:37

I have undertaken quite a lot of research into my family history but have now decided to undertake a study of the Oxtoby surname in an attempt to record as many instances of the name as possible and try to identify connections between the different branches.

My particular branch originates from East Yorkshire and I would be interested in hearing from anyone with the Oxtoby surname or who has ancestors with that surname.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Mar 2018 15:39

Strat by looking in search all member trees - click on the search button, top right, and use the dropdown

If you find anyone with names in their trees which match yours - click on the name and send a message.

If he or she still has the e-mail they used when registering with GR, they will be notified

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Mar 2018 15:41

3693 individual entries on FMP for Oxtoby in Yorkshire (East Riding)

In Yorkshire as a whole, 14868

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Mar 2018 15:44

If you put your tree on here, anyone researching the name will have the opportunity of contacting you

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 30 Mar 2018 22:13

You might be interested in joining The Guild of One-Name Studies. Their website has a list of all surnames being researched in this way, and at present Oxtoby isn't one of them.

http://one-name.org/

Pauline

Pauline Report 31 Mar 2018 08:57

Thanks for your reply, I'm aware of the Guild and am about to join and register Oxtoby as a study.