Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Williamina patterson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

caza

caza Report 4 Apr 2018 18:48

Looking for the parents of williamina patterson married a Andrew harcus Wilson in orkney williamina b1930s Andrew 1920s thank you in advance

Andrew

Andrew Report 4 Apr 2018 19:03

There is this birth(if correct person) in the same place as marriage. For detail you need to oder the cert from Scotlands people, you can't view on line.

PATERSON
WILLIAMINA
F
033/1 1
Westray

Andy

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Apr 2018 22:25

The birth cert will tell you full names of both parents, and where and when they married.

The marriage cert will also give details of both parents.
I don't see Williamina's death - at least not in Orkney - so won't post ref nos for marriage cert in case she's still alive.
:

WILSON
ANDREW HARCUS
PATERSON
WILLIAMINA
Westray

Andrew's death:

WILSON
ANDREW HARCUS
mms HEDDLE
132/ 3
Westray

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Apr 2018 09:28

She is on the electoral rolls to 2014 with Andrew and a Mary Seatter

Still in Orkney same address for 35 years

But as it's her parents info you want them it's buying her birth cert or their marrige cert

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 5 Apr 2018 11:15

If it’s Williamima’s parent names you need, they will be listed on the marriage cert.
It will be available online from Scotland’s People, costing 6 credits which equates to £1.40

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 5 Apr 2018 14:55

Williamina's marriage is too recent to view online. You would need to order a copy of the certificate as only marriages that took place more than 75 years ago can be viewed online.

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 5 Apr 2018 15:24

Oops apologies, I misread the opening post.

Was viewing on iphone without specs. and somehow thought the 1930's related to their kids:-S :-S :-S

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 18 Apr 2018 19:12

I viewed the marriage certificate at Register House and have sent a PM to Caza with the requested info.

Looks likely that the 16yr old bride( at 1954) will still be living

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 19 Apr 2018 22:09

That was very kind of you GlasgowLass. I'm sure it will be appreciated.