Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frederick Harvey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Damian

Damian Report 13 May 2018 20:57

Hello I am trying to find out where Frederick Harvey born 1861 Wymondham Norfolk is buried, he married in 1881 to a Harriet Emma Lake. Lived at Bintree and i know he died in 1939. If anyone could tell me where he is buried i would be very grateful.
Thank you
Damian

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 May 2018 21:29

Is this his death?:-

England & Wales deaths 1837-2007 Transcription

First name(s) FREDERICK
Last name HARVEY
Gender Male
Birth day -
Birth month -
Birth year 1861
Age 78
Death quarter 1
Death year 1939
District East Dereham
County Norfolk
Volume 4B
Page 344
Country England
Record set England & Wales Deaths 1837-2007
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records

If you phone the local cemeteries department of the council for the area they might be able to tell you - especially if you buy his death certificate for the exact date of death.

Kath. x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 May 2018 21:36

For our reference:

Frederick Harvey
in the England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916-2007
Name: Frederick Harvey
Death Age: 78
Birth Date: abt 1861
Registration Date: Mar 1939
Registration district: east Dereham
Inferred County: Norfolk
Volume: 4b
Page: 344

As his death was registered in East Dereham, perhaps you could contact Dereham Cemetery. If they can't help, they may be able to suggest other local cemeteries/crematoria to try. A Google search hasn't proved helpful re what cemeteries are near Bintree.

Dereham Cemetery
Cemetery in Dereham, England
Address: Cemetery Rd, Dereham NR19 2ET
Phone: 01362 693821

None of the Norfolk local and county council websites appear to mention cemeteries - strange!

EDIT: I stand corrected - Malyon has found it (below)

malyon

malyon Report 13 May 2018 22:13

DEREHAM TOWN COUNCIL

Cemetery
If you have any queries regarding the cemetery please contact the Town Council on 01362 693821 or email [email protected]