Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help and advice required.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 12 Sep 2018 16:15

Help required on a Cullumpton Christening Record for 1756.Within our family tree we have a possible connection to a Thomas Perram Christened on 15/08/1756 in Cullumpton, Devon, his father said to be a Robert Perram with no mothers name at that time on the record.
In Cullumpton records, I have found three marriages for a Robert Perram.

(1) 30/04/ 1749, In Cullumpton, Devon for a Robert Perram to a Mary Broom.
(2) 26/08?1753 In Cullumpton, Devon, for a Robert Perram to a Mary Leat.
(3) 01/04/1755 In Cullumpton, Devon for a Robert Perram to a Mary Potter.

I would appreciate any advice on how or where I can possibly find the correct parents for the above Thomas Perram.

safc

safc Report 12 Sep 2018 16:30

????

Baptism entry While we have made all efforts to correctly record the information in the original docucument there may be different interpretations of the written words. If you have access to the original document and believe we have made a mistake you are encouraged to report this to us. Report an Error in this Data Field
(only fields with a value are shown) Value
County Devon
Place Cullompton
Church name St Andrew
Register type Parish Register
Baptism date 6 Oct 1749
Person forename Robt.
Person sex M
Father forename Robt.
Father surname PERRAM
Transcribed by David Hartley
Credit Peter Bazley revised David Hartley
File line number 1657

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 12 Sep 2018 16:38

Hi.Abby
Thank you so much for your quick reply and interesting information, all of which has been very much appreciated.
Regards.
Malcolm.

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 12 Sep 2018 17:10

I have no way of knowing who these Mary Perrams are, but if any of them were married to a Robert Perram, the same man might have been married to more than one of them, and been unlucky with keeping his wives...

1)

County Devon
Place Cullompton
Church name St Andrew
Register type Transcript
Register entry number 4456
Burial date 17 Apr 1751
Burial person forename Mary
Burial person surname PERRAM
Credit Peter Bazley
File line number 1862

2)

County Devon
Place Cullompton
Church name St Andrew
Register type Transcript
Register entry number 4682
Burial date 12 May 1754
Burial person forename Mary
Burial person surname PERRAM
Credit Peter Bazley
File line number 2101

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 12 Sep 2018 17:23

Hi Kucintas.
Thank you for your information. As you have said, it could have been that Robert was in fact unfortunate and married more than once. Now from the information that I have received from you and others, I can now continue with my research using all the new information for which I appreciate very much.
Kind Regards.
Malcolm.