Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Perriam (Bapt)1811 Butterleigh, Devon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 6 Oct 2018 14:38

Hi
I am looking for any information for a possible marriage or Death for a Mary Perriam /Perham (Bapt) 1811 in Butterleigh, Devon, Daughter of a Philip Perriam / Perham. Any information would be very much appreciated.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Oct 2018 14:54

Have you looked for info using freebmd?

safc

safc Report 6 Oct 2018 14:56

????

First name(s) Mary
Last name Perriam
Name note -
Marriage year 1836
Marriage date 14 May 1836
Marriage place Exeter
Spouse's first name(s) John
Spouse's last name Brice
County Devon
Country England
Record set England Marriages 1538-1973
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Parish Marriages
Collections from England, Great Britain

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 6 Oct 2018 15:02

Hi ErikaH.
Thank you for your reply, yes and still looking into a few possibilities ,however not much luck as yet.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Oct 2018 15:02

Name: Mary Brice
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1811
Where born: Devon, England
Civil Parish: St Thomas The Apostle
Hundred: Wonford
County/Island: Devon

Registration district: St Thomas
Sub-registration district: St Thomas
Neighbors: View others on page
Piece: 265
Book: 15
Folio: 12
Page Number: 19
Household Members:
Name Age
John Brice 40
Mary Brice 30
Elizabeth Perriam 20

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 6 Oct 2018 15:06

Hi Abby.
Thank you so much for your help and information.

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 6 Oct 2018 15:12

Hi ErikaH
Thank you once again.

malyon

malyon Report 6 Oct 2018 20:13

Mary Perriam
England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

christening: 29 September 1811 BUTTERLEIGH, DEVON, ENGLAND
father: Philip Perriam
mother: Rebecca

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 6 Oct 2018 20:58

Related ??

Deaths Dec 1838
Brice John Tiverton &c 10 182

alviegal

alviegal Report 6 Oct 2018 21:28

This seems to be the couple from 1841. Don't know how far Silverton is from Butterleigh?

1851 England, Wales & Scotland Census

Alphington Street, St Thomas, Devon, England

Members that resided in the household at the time of the census.
First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Sex Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
John Brice Head Married Male 49 1802 Common Brewer St Thomas, Devon, England
Mary Brice Wife Married Female 39 1812 - Silverton, Devon, England
Robert Reed Lodger Unmarried Male 28 1823 Labourer Devon, England

Possible burial.

Devon Burials

First name(s) Mary
Last name Brice
Age 41
Birth year 1811
Death year 1852
Burial year 1852
Burial date 17 Oct 1852
Burial place Exeter, St Thomas
Denomination Anglican

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Oct 2018 09:58

Silverton to Butterleigh 5.1 miles. Found by googling

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 7 Oct 2018 16:27

Hi ALL
.Thank you for all for your replies and the further information that you have sent, its all been very much appreciated and will allow me to undertake further research
All take care.
Malcolm.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 8 Oct 2018 18:42

Hi Malcolm
I would be interested in anything you find out as I have a Mary Perriam married to my 4 x great uncle James Stone. This marriage was in Bampton, Devon on 27 April 1831 and I have wondered if she was the Mary bp at Butterleigh as I haven't found one from Bampton. The note I made at the time I was looking into this says:

There is a Mary Perriam bp 29.9.1811 in Butterleigh, d/o Philip and Rebecca Periam which may be this Mary. In the censuses Mary consistently gives birthplace as Bampton but I am wondering if she moved there when young. There is no Perriam baptism in Bampton up till the periods the records were destroyed, there are Perriams there in the later records. Butterleigh was barely a day’s walk from Bampton (approx 12 miles) so the family could have moved there.

This Mary Perriam (now Mary Stone) died in 1877 and was buried in Bampton Church on 25 Feb 1877. Her age on the parish burial record is 66 which ties in with a birth in 1810/1811.

Hope this makes sense.

EDIT. YOU MAY NEED TO IGNORE THE ABOVE as I have just checked Bampton baptisms again and have now found a William Perriam bp 5 Jan 1809 and a John Trowey Perriam bp 10 Jan 1811, both 6 months old and both sons of William and Mary Perriam. I haven't found a Mary but baptism records are missing from 1813 to 1844. Sorry if I have caused more confusion

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 6 Nov 2018 16:25

Hi Vera.
I must apologize for my late reply, as I have only just found your message, I would also like to thank you for taking an interest in our family , and also for your information
The Mary Perriam Bapt on the 29/11/1811 in Butterleigh, Devon is in our family tree, however I have been unable to find out any other information about her other than a few possible connections.

The only possible marriage being on the 14/05/1836 at Holy Trinity, Exeter to a John Brice, I have found a number of Mary Brice (B) abt 1802/6/11 on the 1841 Census, but unable to confirm if any could be the Mary Perriam that I am researching.
In my research I have come across a Burial for a William Perriam on the 15/06/1809 Age 1 in Bampton, Devon ,and also John Trowey Perriam Bapt on the 10/01/1811 Father William Mother Mary. As of yet I am unable to make any family connection, however with Cullumpton / Butterleigh / Halberton and also Bampton being very near together, you never know.I will now take on board the information that you have given me, if you would like any information from me , you only have to ask.

Take care.

Malcolm.