Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Perricroft Villas Long Ashton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rose

Rose Report 28 Dec 2018 17:29

Just wondering if anyone would know where Perricroft Villas Long Ashton is or was. I cannot seem to find the information and have found relatives living there on the 1939 register and wanted to know more. Thanks

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 28 Dec 2018 17:36

try the spelling Perrycraft

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 28 Dec 2018 19:52

I can't find anything re Perricroft or Perrycraft in Long Ashton.
There's a Perry Road nowadays, but don't know if that's relevant.

What was the name of your relatives, please?

Neighbouring addresses may provide a clue.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Dec 2018 20:06

PERRYCROFT. Not shouting - just trying to make clear the spelling

FMP provides map info for 1939 results

Lookng at the 1939 images - the villas are on Perrycroft Avenue

In the vicinity is Chapel Lane

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 28 Dec 2018 23:22

Google Maps show a Perrycroft Avenue in Bishopsworth, Bristol, not far from a Chapel Road (I don't see a Chapel Lane close by )

Bishopsworth seems to be close to Long Ashton.

By searching the 1939 register on Ancestry for people living in Bishopsworth, with keyword Perrycroft, I've now found Perrycroft Avenue entries in the Register.
They weren't showing up when I searched for people in Long Ashton, with keyword Perrycroft.

And yes, Perrycroft Villas are there, as part of Perrycroft Avenue.
But in Bishopsworth, not strictly Long Ashton, although it comes under the general heading of Long Ashton for 1939 purposes.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 28 Dec 2018 23:38

Just for interest and confirmation - mention of Perrycroft Villas in the press (by chance, in 1939):

Bristol Evening Post Bristol, England
1 Apr 1939

patterns.—Lenthall, 130, Redcliffe Hill; 43, North St., Bedminster; and 64, Stapleton Rd. lc THIS to Certify that I, William James Rowe, 3, Perrycroft Villas. Bishopsworth, Will Not Be Responsible for any Debt or Debts contracted by any person or persons name

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 29 Dec 2018 18:38

sorry - blame my dyslexic fingers - I meant Perrycroft

Rose

Rose Report 6 Feb 2019 17:01

Sorry I have just realised I never said a thank you to all of you.
Perry croft villas were in Bishopsworth not Long Ashton so you were a great help. Many thanks