Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Date of Birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 12 Jan 2019 11:58

Hi, i have someone that i am researching that i know she was born in 1940 but i would like to know when her birthday is to match it to someone else that remarried and died later on to see if it is her or not. Are there any free sites to do this or is the only way to find out is to get the birth cert, thanks

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 12 Jan 2019 12:04

I think you will have to buy the cert. If they had been born before 1939 you may have found them on the 1939 census but 1940 is too late.

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 12 Jan 2019 12:05

Ok thank you :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jan 2019 12:52

Does the death record shownthe birth date

You may be able to narrow the birth down by the reg qtr

For instance someone born in sept would be reg in the Dec qtr not any other qts

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 12 Jan 2019 13:06

yes it does and it adds up but she was born in London and the death i found was in Newcastle, but she could of moved but don't know for certain.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 12 Jan 2019 13:22

If you get a copy of the marriage cert it will tell you her father's name, which would be an extra cross-check for you.

Although as the birth dates match on both the birth and death certs, I think it's a pretty safe bet that she's the same person.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Jan 2019 13:57

I wouldn't worry at all about birth and death not being in the same area.

If you know her mother's maiden name, you might be able to find the correct 1940 birth.
Do you know of any other children with the same parents?
Following all these and locations forward might help decide.

If there was someone born with the same name in or around that time, you may have to follow each person forward to be able to eliminate one.

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 12 Jan 2019 14:39

Thank you alI.I have the right birth year and have the mothers maiden name its just that i'm not sure if shes the one that married someone else or not. I will probably have to order the cert to see. Thanks

Dea

Dea Report 12 Jan 2019 14:43

Did this person have any children to her 'possible' second husband? - If so, you could see if 'their' mothers' maiden name matches?

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 12 Jan 2019 14:46

You will probably end up having to buy certs but it is difficult to help when we don't have any real details.

I can appreciate that it may be a bit recent to put much detail on here but if you would like to pm me some info I would be happy to take a look and see if anything else can be found?

Dea x

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 12 Jan 2019 14:52

there were no matches to any other children to second marriage using her maiden name

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 12 Jan 2019 14:56

thanks i will send you a message Dea

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jan 2019 17:48

Areas are really very flexible

For instance we were a south east London family and we are now spread all over

I live in Kent .one brother lives in the midlands .yougest sister lives in Canada !!

So folks move around a lot more now

grannyfranny

grannyfranny Report 13 Jan 2019 14:58

And then sometimes people die whilst away from home as my Mum did. And a cousin of hers died whlst visiting family in another area.

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥

♥♥♥Debbie♥♥♥ Report 13 Jan 2019 19:36

thank you all for your replys