Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree carving of footer in norfolk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laurah

Laurah Report 22 Jan 2019 15:09

I have recently returned to my family tree searching after about 9 years. I spoke to a lady on here at that time that told me about a carving of a tree in Norfolk with my family name 'footer' on it. I cant find my original notes so have vague details. I remember it being on a farm and that other footers have been to see it so assuming it is still there. I would like to take my 96 year old grand father to visit if possible.
thank you in advanced to anyone that can help.

Ive checked through all old messages on her but cant find anything about it.

Thanks Laurah

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Jan 2019 15:25

Try using advanced search

Put the word 'footer' in the first box

Of course, if you were sent the info in a PM, you won't find it on the boards
Also, if the person has deleted her account, I think all her postings will have gone as well, although I'm not 100% on that

Alternatively - have you googled?

greyghost

greyghost Report 22 Jan 2019 15:29

If you started or took part in the thread and it wasn't deleted you might be able to find the thread.

Click on "My threads" under the Tools box left hand side of this page. You can look for threads started by you or that you've Contributed to. Click on the relevant one and if the thread is around it will show up.

Laurah

Laurah Report 22 Jan 2019 15:33

Yes ive tried google and looking through past threads and cant find anything. Its so frustrating as I just cant remember :-(

greyghost

greyghost Report 22 Jan 2019 15:34

How behind the times am I - when did Advanced Search start working again? Haven't needed to try, but saw your post above EricaH.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Jan 2019 16:24

Maybe some of these people could help ???

http://www.heritage.norfolk.gov.uk/contact-us-1

https://www.norfolkfhs.org.uk/

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Jan 2019 16:26

Wow!! Advanced search!

I'd given up on that years ago!

And the results seem to be more or less in chronological order - even better.
Although a search for "Footer" gives this thread on both pages 1 and 3.

And if I search for more than one word at a time I get an error message.

But it's better than the total lack of results we suffered for years.

Laurah

Laurah Report 22 Jan 2019 17:59

I have joined the notfolk society - thank you! Hopefully someone can help me there x