Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Muirhead

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 7 Feb 2019 00:47

Thomas Muirhead born 1876 in Liverpool. Can anyone who has access to the 1939 Register have a look and see if they can read his occupation please.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Feb 2019 03:13

As the place of birth has no bearing on the 1939 Register, is this him???

Note that there is another Thomas Muirhead b.1876, living in Newcastle!

Household (5 People) 15 Fonthill Road , Liverpool C.B., Lancashire, England

Thomas Muirhead 15 Dec 1876 Provision And H? Porter
Sorry, this record is officially closed. Check if you can open a closed record.
Gerard Anthony Curtis 13 Oct 1911 Nhs Clerk
Sorry, this record is officially closed. Check if you can open a closed record.
Edward Evans 25 Nov 1862 General Labr Es (Retired)

on the image, it is Provision and House Porter

The closed record immediately after Thomas has been opened on the image on FMP ..................

Agnes Muirhead 11 Feb 1880 M Unpaid Domestic Duties

AND the other 3 names are NOT in the Muirhead Household, which consists of only 2 people ....... this is one of the weird happenings during the transcription of the 1939 Register.

Apparently transcribers were given a vertical column on which to work, then the verticals were combined, and the information sometimes "slipped". Those 3 actually lived in the house next door, ie 13 Fonthill Road

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Feb 2019 03:21

Just out of interest, this is the other Thomas Muirhead b. 1876 ............. if the year of birth is important

Muirhead Household (2 People) 49 Armstrong Road , Newcastle-upon-Tyne C.B., Northumberland, England

Thomas Muirhead 09 Dec 1876 Carpenter & Joiner
Emily Muirhead 14 Apr 1878 Unpaid Domestic Dutie

As I said, place of birth is NOT shown on the 1939, and is of no help in finding anyone as people did move around.

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 7 Feb 2019 04:08

Thanks Sylvia. I think the one in Liverpool is him, that’s where he was born. In 1911 census he is still unmarried so I’ll have to check if he married between then and 1939.

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 7 Feb 2019 04:11

Just checked Freebmd and there is a marriage of Thomas Muirhead and Agnes Groves in 1913, so I guess that’s him.

Thanks again.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Feb 2019 05:58

You're welcome.

Just thought I'd post the other one as birth year was the same and he could have moved.