Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Clarke born 1870 Donegal

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Aspen

Aspen Report 8 Mar 2019 21:52

Looking for some help for Thomas Clarke. He was born in Milltown Raphoe Donegal in 1870. His parents were Alexander Clarke and Frances Spence. She was known as Fanny.
Thomas was not in Donegal in 1901 or 1911. Thomas married and had two sons and one daughter. I can't find a marriage in Ireland or Scotland for him. I have looked at the Scottish census to see if I could find something there, but nothing to say it is him. He may have died in 1935, but I cannot be sure that information is correct. He may have been living in the Maryhill area.
As I don't have a spouse, I cannot look for children. I did try and opened a couple of birth certs to find they were completely wrong.
Thomas was one of six children and I have completed the others.
Regards
Aspen

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 8 Mar 2019 22:07

For our reference:

Thomas Clarke
in the Ireland, Select Births and Baptisms, 1620-1911
Name: Thomas Clarke
Birth Date: 4 Feb 1870
Birth Place: Donegal, Ireland
Father: Alexander Clarke
Mother: Fanny Spence
FHL Film Number: 101201

What reason do you have to think he might have been in Scotland?

There is no 1935 death.
There is this possibility, the image of which you can view on SP for a few credits:

CLARKE
THOMAS
644/21 803
Govan

Or there are several Thomas Clark (without the E) deaths around that time.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Mar 2019 22:18

How did you determine that he fathered three children?

What are their precise details?

Aspen

Aspen Report 8 Mar 2019 22:26

There is some family history and it was mentioned that the girl he wanted to marry did not please his mother. He went to Scotland. There is information to say he had two boys and one daughter. This information won't be 100% but possibly a guide. It was stated he was living in the Maryhill area in a letter dated 1921. There is a letter in 1936 saying that only one of the six siblings was left. That person died in 1956 in Donegal. I have the death certs for the rest, 1915, 1921, 1936, 1936 and 1956 but nothing for Thomas. I have opened about 6 death certs on SP and each one was completely wrong. I tried a couple of births and again so wrong :-S

Aspen

Aspen Report 9 Mar 2019 08:14

I can't find anything else! :-S

Aspen

Aspen Report 9 Mar 2019 10:55

I now have found my information on Thomas Clarke. He died 1930 under the name of Thomas Clark. I have his wife's name and can do my research.
Thanking you for taking the time to reply to my message.
Regards
Aspen :-D