Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wilfred W Fisk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Damian

Damian Report 2 Apr 2019 20:21

Hi
Can anyone tell me about Wilfred K Fisk in WW2? All i know he was a conscientious objector but he joined up as a driver delivering food and ammunition and moving wounded serviceman about. He was in Italy sometime during the war. He was issued with a fire arm a pistol for self protection but never used it. He was born at Thelnetham in Suffolk in 1921. He survived the war. I would be grateful of any help on this. This is for a friend of mine who cannot use a computer. Thank you.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Apr 2019 20:33

WW2 records are not online

They can be purchased from the MOD at a cost of £30.00. They may take several months to arrive

Can’t C&P the link as I am on my iPad- but you can find it by googling

If your friend applies for the records advise him to make sure he gives the correct name. You have two versions at the moment

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Apr 2019 21:15

It’s Wilfred K Fisk on the GRO indexes.

Here’s the link to apply for service records

http://www.veterans-uk.info/service_records/service_records.html

EricaH, if you gently rest your finger at the beginning of any link you want to copy, you should get a box open asking if you want to open (the link), open in a new tab, open in split view or copy. It may take a few seconds before something happens.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Apr 2019 21:45

Not worth the bother when someone else is always willing to oblige

malyon

malyon Report 2 Apr 2019 22:23

Marriages Jun 1951 (>99%)
FISK Wilfred K HOLLAND Bury St.E. 4b 1807 Scan available - click to view
HOLLAND Eveline M FISK Bury St.E. 4b 1807

malyon

malyon Report 2 Apr 2019 22:27

2 children born girl 1952 and son 1956 bury st. edmunds

ErikaH