Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Maureen Gray

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maralyn

Maralyn Report 9 Apr 2019 19:54

Trying to find friend’s long lost cousin who was born in Doncaster in 1940. Gray was her maiden name and understand that she married possibly 3 times, but not able to provide any names. Last heard of in Moorends, South Yorkshire (Alexandra Road ?).

Not sure where/how to check electoral records, or whether it is possible to search using address rather than surname. Any advice appreciated.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Apr 2019 20:03

Who was her mother? It looks as though her mother wasn't married when she had her. If her mother then married, it's possible Maureen's surname also changed.

Rose

malyon

malyon Report 9 Apr 2019 20:51

do you know her mothers christian name

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Apr 2019 21:11

You say "Last heard of . . ."
When was that?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Apr 2019 21:59

Does your friend remember any of her children's names?

Rose

Maralyn

Maralyn Report 9 Apr 2019 22:26

Elsie and no mother wasn't married at the time of Maureen's birth.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Apr 2019 22:28

Have you done anything about looking for marriage info on freebmd ?

Maralyn

Maralyn Report 9 Apr 2019 22:29

She was married to someone in the RAF at some time. As far as could be remembered she had 2 children.

Many thanks for your help.

malyon

malyon Report 9 Apr 2019 23:22

did maureens mother have a son born 1943 doncaster was adopted

Maralyn

Maralyn Report 10 Apr 2019 15:45

Not checked free bmd yet, but have looked on genesreunited and found a number of possibilities. Not sure where to go now. Is free bmd easier?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Apr 2019 16:26

100% !!

Maralyn

Maralyn Report 12 Apr 2019 19:14

Friend has no knowledge of Maureen's mum having a son in 1943, as they would only been a child themself.

Looked into freebmd but it only gives me the options that I get in genesreunited, or am I not understanding how it works? :-(

Appreciate I don't have much info to work with.

Maralyn

Maralyn Report 17 Jun 2019 20:35

Thank you all very much. We checked out a number of lines and eventually came up with an address. Pleased to say that my friend found their cousin and are hoping to meet up soon.

Well done everyone. :-)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Jun 2019 20:52

Good news, Maralyn! Thanks for letting us know.