Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jim and Mary Grout

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Di

Di Report 4 Jun 2019 11:41

If anyone has these people in their tree, I have some photos they may be interested in, they were in another album I bought at a collectors fair, some wonderful photos from early 1900's and one or two from before that

greyghost

greyghost Report 4 Jun 2019 12:03

Unlikely anyone with them in the tree will just happen by your post Di.

Try looking under the Search heading top of this page and then Search all members trees to see if anyone has them listed. Hopefully you have more info. than just the names. If any matches show up, you could try sending a PM to the tree owners but answers not always received for many reasons.

Di

Di Report 4 Jun 2019 17:55

That is what I found already, I message some people with the name in their trees and no replies

Dea

Dea Report 4 Jun 2019 19:21

Are there not any other names or dates on there Di, or any idea of an area of the country which might be of some help???

Dea x

Di

Di Report 4 Jun 2019 20:58

Farnham is the name that is repeated throughout the album, other names Miss Beatrice Day, Reg Grout, Grandmother Day nee Hankin, Evelyn Hankin, Paticia Mary Stubbles, wedding photo, marries William James Tonkins, Miss Evelyn Denise Stubbles, Wedding photo, Marries Thomas Carmichael at Hale parish church 27/02//1954, and many more photos including a photo of all the nurses at a hospital with all of them named, wish it was my family it is a great album, someone would love it!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Jun 2019 22:24

Evelyn D Stubbles, born 1928, Farnham, mms Smith.

Evelyn D Carmichael is on ER to 2003 in Upper Hale, Surrey.(Full address at that time is on Ancestry).

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 Jun 2019 22:24

Sending a PM with info for family of daughter of Stubbles/carmichael marriage

Di

Di Report 5 Jun 2019 06:08

Thanks all, am following Rambling's lead.......

Di

Di Report 5 Jun 2019 06:37

I have found some 'Grout' family members on Ancestry and am in touch with them - so will close this thread now, will message back if anything exciting come from it!

thanks for all messages