Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wright Player 1750c. Littlebury, Essex

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 30 Sep 2019 22:06

Hi all, hoping someone can help.? As the new Essex records are available .

The above, Wright Player married Elizabeth Parish, b.1750, Wenden Lofts, Essex on 21/10/1773 in Wenden Lofts.

First child, Charles, b.12/5/776, Littlebury, Essex.
No other siblings until 1790, when Rebecca, Sarah and Ann were baptised in 1790, and Susan bap. 1793.

It occurred to me that this is a very long gap between children, or perhaps Elizabeth died, and Wright remarried. but can find no records.

Help please. Thanks in ad vance, Sue

:-) :-)

greyghost

greyghost Report 30 Sep 2019 22:36

FMP and Ancestry both have the above baptisms for children of Wright and Elizabeth - but they are only transcripts.

I would imagine that the 3 children baptised on 26th Dec. 1790 were born at different times and not baptised immediately, but done as a "batch". The originals may show a birth date.

https://www.essexarchivesonline.co.uk
Sorry, don't have a subscription - you can buy a 24 hour sub. for £20 or a week for £30
They say -
Online, you can view images of a few records for free, but for most digitised records – such as parish registers, wills and electoral registers – you need to register and buy a subscription.

https://www.freereg.org.uk has lots of Players in Essex, but Littlebury not transcribed

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Sue

Sue Report 30 Sep 2019 23:00

Hi Greyghose,

Many thanks for the above. Yes, unfortunately the transcripts dont seem to give parents names.! I agree with the batch of 3 baptisms.

I have had subs to SEAX in the past for other families but was hoping as at last Essex Records are here on Ancestry to at last find results.!!!

Sue :-)

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 1 Oct 2019 13:14

From Seax

Holy Trinity Littlebury (Ref: D/P 9/1/2)
12 May 1776 Charles son of Wright (Labourer) and Elizabeth Player

26 Dec 1790 Ann daughter of Wright and Elizabeth Player
26 Dec 1790 Rebecca and Sarah daughters of Wright and Elizabeth Player

9 Jun 1793 Susan daughter of Wright and Elizabeth Player

Chris