Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Information about my great grandfather

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Oct 2019 11:34

I am looking for information regarding my great grandfather John William Hamilton. He was born in Barrow in Furness on 11 March 1868. On his birth certificate he is registered as John William Ambleton. I have checked births and deaths and have come to the conclusion that they are the same person plus they have the same date of birth as per the 1939 Register. His mothers name was Ann. Following his birth the next record I have for him is on the 1881 census, he is a 'boarder' with a couple called Mary and Thomas Lee in Barrow in Furness. Mary was a widow when she married Thomas in Ormskirk in 1853. Her previous married name was Hamilton. I think she is a link in all this but I cannot find it. Anyone any ideas how I can research from a different angle and maybe find the missing link. Thanks.

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Oct 2019 11:37

replies on genealogy board

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1379843?d=asc