Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is this the same person ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 15 Dec 2019 19:16

Do you clever people that help think that this is the same person for the fourth marriage as for the first three: I know that the first three are the same groom:

Garry Oliver George Marshall: Born 1946 Tonbridge Kent:

1st: Marriage: Beryl C Vallins: Mar 1968 Tonbridge Kent:

2nd: Marriage: Joy F Reeds: Rhuddlan Flintshire Wales:
one son for this marriage: Brook William Dec 1974:

3rd: Marriage: Josephine Tomas: 2nd Oct 1986 Tunbridge Wells Kent:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4th: Marriage: Garry Oliver George Marshall married Linda Jo Wilcox 1st Jan 2002 Clark County Nevada USA: Date recorded 3rd Jan 2002: Book 103: Page D387268 Instrument Number 71571:

I suppose I would need more details from the USA marriage to confirm like fathers name etc:
Anyway any comments or help would be appreciated:

Mumbles:

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Dec 2019 20:51

Well it’s certainly the same name

Even to the spelling of Garry

Garry Oliver Geo Marshall
Residence State: Nevada
Spouse: Linda Jo Wilcox
Spouse Residence State: Nevada
Marriage Date: 1 Jan 2002
Marriage County: Clark
Officiant Type: Religious celebrant
Recorded Date: 3 Jan 2002
Recorded County: Clark
Book: 103
Page: D387268
Instrument number: 71571

Could it have been a destination wedding

The full records won’t be online

malyon

malyon Report 15 Dec 2019 21:01

there is only one gary born with that name in uk

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 15 Dec 2019 22:31

Sounds like a Vegas wedding to me!

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 15 Dec 2019 22:40

Looks to be living in Texas now.

Rose

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 15 Dec 2019 23:22

Thank you Shirley, Maylon & Rose for your answers:
It is an unusual spelling of Garry but I know it is correct: I have a feeling that the 3rd wife was from the USA as I can not find a Josephine Tomas birth and they both had unusual jobs: Garry was a Dolphin trainer and Josephine was a Assistant Dolphin trainer:
Rose I am interested where you found that they may be in Texas now:

Mumbles:

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Dec 2019 09:08

I can't speak for Rose, of course, but I found it yesterday on whitepages.com.

On that site, search for Garry Oliver Marshall, without putting in any place name, and the first one that comes up is Garry O Marshall in Texas.
If you then click on "Show all locations and family", you'll see that the son Brook is listed with him.
If you click on Garry's name (or on "View details" ), his full address and phone number appear.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 16 Dec 2019 09:20

I found him on LinkedIn.

Google "Garry Marshall" Tonbridge.

Rose

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Dec 2019 09:59

On whitepages, Linda's not listed with Garry.

I was looking for Linda Jo - can't find Linda Jo Marshall anywhere.

I found on Ancestry that a Linda Jo Wilcox married a David Brian Limoges in Clark County, Nevada in 1989, and wondered if that was a previous marriage for her..
However, without going into all the details from Ancestry and Whitepages, this appears to be a different Linda Jo, as she and David appear to have been together (at least possibly until recently) , in the state of Michigan, per whitepages, with Linda later at another address..

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 16 Dec 2019 16:16

Many thanks, Shirley, Maylon, Rose & Argyll Gran:

That is great info, you have helped a lot. I think that proves that the four Garry's are one and the same person:

From the info it appears as though he went to the USA very soon after his third marriage and stayed there:

Mumbles:

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Dec 2019 17:32

You now have his address, phone number, and place of employment (they have a website with company contact details) if you want to ask him!

Mumbles

Mumbles Report 17 Dec 2019 13:45

Just found Linda Jo Wilcox present address and phone number same as Garry O G Marshall: so that clears that up:

Mumbles: