Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Derbyshire Mercury newpaper on line

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 23 Feb 2020 04:05

Some years ago I use to go online & view information in The Derby Mercury,I can not do this now I have to pay Ancestry $60 for 6 months viewing, does anyone know how I can go online without paying ? Thank You

patchem

patchem Report 23 Feb 2020 08:44

The Derby Mercury is online from 1727 to 1900 (do not know if that is complete coverage) from the British newspaper archives (BNA).

If you have not registered on there before I think you can look at 3 free searches, and then you have to pay.

But you can search anyway just to see if you get any hits, and get an idea of what the full extract will say.

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 23 Feb 2020 14:20

Derby Mercury is also available via Gale group newspapers which can be acccessed free if you have a library card

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 24 Feb 2020 15:17

You can also search on Find My Past and read the first paragraph free. Then you can either pay or ask someone on here who has a subscription to look at the whole article for you.