Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death John Wright b November1896 d?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole Mac

Carole Mac Report 20 Apr 2020 11:36

Yesterday I had assistance with an enquiry, for which I am very grateful.
My new request is for a death as mentioned above.
On the 1939 register I have him in Bolton with his son Denis. Details are confirmed.
I found a death record several years ago (not sure where I got it ) the occupation doesn’t really fit. It is noted as a Weaving Mill Manager, all my other records give Plater, Riveter etc.
I would love any more assistance on this please.
Thank you.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Apr 2020 11:45

It would be best to add this to your other thread so helpers can see what is already known

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1383283

Carole Mac

Carole Mac Report 20 Apr 2020 11:47

Thank you. How do I do that please?

Maddie

Maddie Report 20 Apr 2020 11:49

fmp suggests this

JOHN
Last name WRIGHT
Gender Male
Birth day -
Birth month -
Birth year 1896
Age 61
Death quarter 3
Death year 1957
District Haslingden
County Lancashire
Volume 10C
Page 267
Country England

20 Lomax Buildings, Bolton C.B., Lancashire, England

First name(s) Last name(s) DOB Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule Sub Number
John Wright 24 Nov 1896 Male Pneumatic Rivetter Heavy Work Married 95 1
Dennis Wright 29 Dec 1919 Male Steel Plater Heavy Work Single 95 2
Ref: RG101/4261G/010/11 Letter Code: NDAN

DENIS
Last name WRIGHT
Gender Male
Birth day 29
Birth month 12
Birth year 1919
Age -
Death quarter 4
Death year 1990
District Bolton
Register number 1290
County Lancashire
Volume 38
Page 185
Country England

or this

Name: John Wright
Death Age: 55
Birth Date: abt 1897
Registration Date: Oct 1952
[Nov 1952]
[Dec 1952]
Registration Quarter: Oct-Nov-Dec
Registration district: Bolton
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 10b
Page: 593

Carole Mac

Carole Mac Report 20 Apr 2020 11:54

Thank you.
Is that middle info incl 20 Lomax building from the 1939 register?
Yes the death for Denis is correct.

Maddie

Maddie Report 20 Apr 2020 11:57

yes it is

Carole Mac

Carole Mac Report 20 Apr 2020 12:03

Thank you. I have just been looking, Haslingden seems quite close to Bolton. I might give it a try for a certificate, thanks for your time Maddie.

greyghost

greyghost Report 20 Apr 2020 12:25

Add to your other thread just the same way as you replied onto that thread (and onto this one) and ask the question.

If you leave the thread for a while just adding to it brings it back to the top of the request page.

If it's been a real while you can always alter the heading to "further info requested, see post x date x time" (see Edit option in green at the top of your post)

Much better to keep requests about the same family on one thread so members aren't repeating research and their time

Carole Mac

Carole Mac Report 20 Apr 2020 12:29

Thank you greyghost. Will remember that.

greyghost

greyghost Report 20 Apr 2020 12:50

It doesn't matter how long since you last used the thread.

To find an old thread go over to the right of this board and look under the heading "Tools". Click on "My threads" and when that opens choose either "My Threads - started" or My threads - contributed to"

Or just tick the thread you've started where it says "Watch this" at the top. Click there. Then you can go to "Tools" and click on "My watched threads"

Carole Mac

Carole Mac Report 20 Apr 2020 13:03

I will write all this down tomorrow! Old brain won’t remember it all. Thanks so much.
I am in Australia, so it is getting late at night here.

alviegal

alviegal Report 20 Apr 2020 13:21

There is probate for a John Wright d Dec 1952 Bolton. Probate to Annie Wright, widow and Derek Anthony Wright, cotton loom overlooker so he is probably not your man.

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Calendar?surname=wright&yearOfDeath=1953&page=16#calendar

Carole Mac

Carole Mac Report 20 Apr 2020 13:32

Thanks alviegal. I think he is the one I have info on in my query. The occupation doesn’t fit. But thank you for the info of names because they don’t belong to my John Wright, therefore I can eliminate him.
I have been going through the freebmd listing. The one from Haslingden seems the closest. The family didn’t seem to move far from Bolton.
Thank you.