Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Agnes Murphy 1840-1923 Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 20 Jun 2020 12:25

Please can anyone help with any Birth information for Agnes Murphy I don't know where she was born but she married in 1866 in Victoria Australia to Bernard Mahncke. Agnes Mahncke died in 1923 in Heidelberg Victoria Australia. age 83. On the Death information on Find My Past It names her Parents as Martin Murphy and Mary Celeary. Agnes's Husband died in1914 Camberwell Victoria Australia. (His full name was Bernard Henry William Otto Mahncke) I would like to find more info on the Parents of Agnes and to establish where Agnes was born so that I can go back another generation on her side. Thank you Pam

greyghost

greyghost Report 20 Jun 2020 12:59

Just for our info - from Ancestry. Text only

Name: Agnes Mahncke
Death Registration Year: 1923
Death Registration Place: Victoria, Australia
Father: Martin Murphy
Mother Maiden Name: Celeary
Reference Number: 15217

Do you have a copy of the marriage certificate - it should give couples ages, birthplaces, names and occupations of Fathers, name of Mother
have you seen a copy of her death certificate - could the Mother's surname be a badly written O'Leary. Should show birthplace

http://www.jaunay.com/bdm.html

Maddie

Maddie Report 20 Jun 2020 13:05

for ref

Death Registration Year: 1923
Death Registration Place: Victoria, Australia
Father: Martin Murphy
Mother Maiden Name: Celeary
Reference Number: 15217

Notice Type: Death
Spouse: Burnard Henry William Otto Mahncke
Publication Place: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

there is a tree on ancestry but no details of birth

Pamela

Pamela Report 20 Jun 2020 14:08

Hello. I don't have the marriage certificate yet. I am aware of the trees on Ancestry . I did wonder if Celeary may be mis spelt, and I will check out some variations like O'leary. Thank you Pam

Ellen

Ellen Report 21 Jun 2020 02:45

You can purchase a Transcripition for $35 at [email protected] which can be emailed to you within a few days it will have all of the details that a original copy has

Pamela

Pamela Report 21 Jun 2020 06:33

Hi thanks . I have used that service before. I checked variations of the surname Celeary but still not finding anything , but I did find the surname spelt Celeary in some results from Ireland UK and USA so may be the spelling is correct. Thanks again Pam