Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Nadia STONER died 31/10/1985 South Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alan

Alan Report 28 Jul 2020 13:21

She is on the UK govenment probate/wills site in 1986. There was a marriage Arthur Stoner to Mary N Stallard Penzance in 2Q1950, the only Mary N Stoner I know.

Arthur is probably the one registered in 4Q1920 as Arthur S Bowles, then a 4Q1934 Arthur Stoner entry referring back to a 4Q1920 late entry. He appeared in 1950 in the electoral roll for Horley/Dorking Surrey with his parents, qualifying date 20/11/1949, before the marriage.

A Mary N Stallard birth was registered in Bath in 2Q1927. There were Stoner births with mmn Stallard in Surrey NW in 1958 Valerie L, '60 Gregory E, and '64 Jill E.

Arthur and Mary N Stoner are on electoral rolls in Uxbridge in the early '50s - those 1950 pages have a qualifying date of 20/11/1950 - not all of which makes sense to me.

I haven't seen Arthur's death in the UK. I don't know anything in Australia except that Mary Nadia has an Australian address on the Government Wills/Probate site, 4 Trevor Street, Christies Beach, South Australia 5165.

Is there any more information on Arthur and Mary N in Australia - was she mmn Stallard? And is Arthur mentioned there - with a date of birth or an age? Were the mmn Stallard births theirs and did the children go to Australia?

Any clues welcomed!

Alan Stoner

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Jul 2020 13:58

Do you have the Mary N Stallard birth cert for confirmation of second forename?

Have you thought of getting a copy of the Will?

If there is only one Stoner/Stallard marriage, one must assume that any children registered as Stoner with MMN Stallard are a product of that marriage, unless a Stoner married a widow or divorcee whose maiden name was Stallard.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Jul 2020 14:20

The elder daughter MAY be on the ER in UK 2002-14

Alan

Alan Report 28 Jul 2020 14:33

Thanks. I agree with all of your observstions. My interest is more of a one-name study, trying to connect all Stoner Births, marriages, and deaths, which unfortunately makes it impractical to buy many documents so much of my information comes from contacts.

I have just woken up and sent a message to a genesre user who has Mary in her tree!

Alan

Alan Report 28 Jul 2020 14:40

Thanks Erika. I'd been to 192.com without registering her. There haven't been any Valerie L marriages to a Stoner so it could well be her.

safc

safc Report 28 Jul 2020 15:00

hi alan
try here

its got births and marriages etc

its by tom stoner

http://www.stoner.org.uk/stoner2008/willss.html

i think it is your site

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 Jul 2020 15:14

You may still not want to spend any money on a will but it only costs £1.50p to order from the probate search website, so it could be worth your while.

I think the link given by safc is compiled by Tom (not Tony) Stoner.

Kath. x

Alan

Alan Report 28 Jul 2020 16:05

Actually it's my site. Tom has kindly made contributions, including the Wills.