Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henry (Harry) Simpson, Ayrshire, Scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Geccolover

Geccolover Report 17 Feb 2021 20:22

Hi all,

I am looking for any information about a Henry (Harry) Simpson, probably born around 1925 to 1940. He married Josephine McGuire (maiden name)/Adkins (previous married name) (b. 1927) in 1961 in Ardrossan and Saltcoates.

They had a child - Craig Simpson (b. 1963) in Kilvinning, Ayrshire, Scotland.

I have been looking on Scotlandspeople.gov but haven't found anything concrete other than their marriage record (but couldn't access the marriage certificate for more information).

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Feb 2021 20:35

You will have to wait until the COVID restrictions are lifted and buy a copy of the marriage cert for facts about age and parents

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Feb 2021 11:04

I assume Josephine and Craig are deceased, or have given you permission to post their details?

I don't see their deaths, at least not in Scotland.

Unfortunately, with such a common name, and without knowing when he was born, it's impossible to even guess about Henry, until you can get the marriage cert.