Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death look up please about four years ago?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pam

Pam Report 22 Feb 2021 16:46

I'm looking for the death date of my brother who died about four years ago so I can order his certificate for health reasons..
Lawrence Edward Logan died Liverpool September or October ..There will be two as his son with the same name died around the same time...
Thank you so much to anyone who can help
Pam

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Feb 2021 16:49

Look for it yourself on the GRO website, which is FREE

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 22 Feb 2021 16:56

Pam

You will need to register with the GRO. However, if you have bought certificates in the past you will already have registered.

Pam

Pam Report 22 Feb 2021 17:16

Thank you so very much ErikaH and nameslessons I've never dealt with them before always the local register offices. It's a while since I've done any family research and totally forgot about them. I'll go there now
Kind regards
Pam

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Feb 2021 17:23

LOGAN, LAWRENCE EDWARD 1945
GRO Reference: DOR Q4/2016 in LIVERPOOL (025-1H) Entry Number 514563039
LOGAN, LAWRENCE EDWARD 1966
GRO Reference: DOR Q2/2017 in BURY (003-1A) Entry Number 515451034

Looks like the ones you are looking for

Pam

Pam Report 22 Feb 2021 17:52

Ah thank you Shirley..I have just tried doing it all on the gro site and it won't accept Q4/2016 as the death year...after filling in all the form to lol.
But thank you so much I will apply to the local register office..
thank you to for my nephews info, it is all very much appreciated
Kind regards
Pam

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Feb 2021 17:59

The death yers will just be the numbers
Q4 is the quarter

Pam

Pam Report 22 Feb 2021 20:09

Yes I just put the death year and it won’t accept it, it wants the month to. Never mind I’ll send to Liverpool register office for it.. thanks again for your help

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Feb 2021 21:29

In older records the ref no says (for example) June 1867, meaning it was in the April-June quarter, but you would just enter June in the application form, even if you didn't know in which of the three months in that quarter the event took place.

The same applies to more recent ref nos. When it says Q2/2017, that's the equivalent of the older June [year].
So just enter any of the three months in the relevant quarter, and they'll find the record OK.

Or you can apply online without quoting an Index Reference - but in that case the cert will cost you £14 instead of £11.

Pam

Pam Report 26 Feb 2021 14:59

Thank you ArgyllGran for explaining in so much detail...

I have sent to the local register office so hopefully I will receive the cert in the not to distant future

Thanks again for your and everyone's help.

Pam