Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census lack of info

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donald

Donald Report 4 Mar 2021 13:49

Hi I am having difficulty getting information on any of my past relations using the Census tool its not coming up with any results no matter who I am looking /hoping to find any help would be gratefully received thank you in advance

Maddie

Maddie Report 4 Mar 2021 14:14

do you want to want to post info here and we can check on other sites

greyghost

greyghost Report 4 Mar 2021 14:16

What membership level do you have Donald?

Mine is Standard - (cheap and cheerful) and I can do a Search for results only for "free" If I wanted to look at the actual transcription or original record I would have to buy credits for the privilege. If you're a full member then you should be able to access them.

Not many of us are full members, we use other sites with better records, but stay here to help out other members like yourself.

If you really can't get any joy then contact Support to get sorted (takes a few working days for a reply).
[email protected]

In the meantimes if there's anyone we can look up for you, just post on this board giving as much information as you can please to help us help you.

malyon

malyon Report 4 Mar 2021 14:47

look on famileysearch its free best one for census

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Mar 2021 15:10

Remember that names may not always be spelled the way you expect, and ages are not always accurate on census records.

The main sites we use are www.ancestry.co.uk and findmypast.co.uk.
Both of those are subscription sites, but we're always happy to look things up for others.

Free sites include www.familysearch.org and www.freecen.org.uk.

If you're looking for the 1911 census for Scotland, it's only available on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk.
On that site you can do a basic search free, and with a bit of effort can figure out the names of some , if not all, of the people in the household. Buy credits to see the image of the original document for full details.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Mar 2021 16:59

If you’re looking on GR, don’t bother. This site is very little use for records.

Tell us who you’re looking for, and we’ll try to help. Name, birth year, birthplace are needed

Donald

Donald Report 23 Mar 2021 11:25

hi one and all I would like to thank you all for taking the time and helping me,
I have not been very well and am felling better now and will get back to working on my tree and family history thank you all again for your help please stay safe and well warmest regards Barry