Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Margaret Vallan Wylie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

caza

caza Report 26 Mar 2021 13:27

Help needed please Margaret vallan wylie b1936 m1956 Orkney to Cecil Brenner .looking for her parents or any children they may have thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Mar 2021 13:31

When the current emergency ends, buy a copy of her birth cert for the names of her parents

SP doesn't record MMN on births, so no info can be found re possible children

Where did you find info about the alleged marriage?

OK.found it You've given inaccurate info about the groom's name

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Mar 2021 13:34

You will need Scotland’s People. It is worthwhile checking to see if you can do a free search for names.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Mar 2021 13:39

These people are probably all living, so care is needed

Why the review - I only said you'd given inaccurate info, which is why I queried the marriage. Couldn't find it using your info!!

You do realise, I hope, that GR are not actually doing anything in relation to the message boards....................

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Mar 2021 13:51

there is a Wylie marriage in Sanday in 1927 - you can get the image on SP

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 26 Mar 2021 14:07

Doubly confused. I thought Erika had just said Caza would need to buy certificates - hence my post.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Mar 2021 14:14

For the 1936 birth - yes

But I searched for a possible marriage in the area in which the birth was registered

SP is very easily accessible - check it out

Maddie

Maddie Report 26 Mar 2021 14:21

a female birth on scotlands people for 1959 in birsay and parents marriage in 1958 birsay

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Mar 2021 14:34

As I stated, the poster's info was inaccurate................not only with the year but also with regard to the groom's surname

Maddie

Maddie Report 26 Mar 2021 16:55

she may be on er 2003 - 2007 kirkwall orkney

caza

caza Report 26 Mar 2021 19:49

Thank you I've managed to track down the person who was On ER with her