Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nicholas Street c 1803/4 Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JPK

JPK Report 30 Apr 2021 14:38

Hi,
I’ve. been unable to find a birth for Nicholas his birthdate estimated from census 1841/1881 is. C 1803/4 birth place recorded as Dunganon Ireland By 1829 he had moved to Wales and married Elizabeth Hugh in her home town of Margam Glamorgan.
Any help or advice on finding his birth will be much appreciated.
Joan

alviegal

alviegal Report 30 Apr 2021 14:48

I wonder if his birth place is actually Dungarvan, Co Waterford and not Dungannon, Co Tyrone. Looks like it on the 1851 census.

EDIT I see there is another Dungarvan in Co Kilkenny.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Apr 2021 15:07

Irish records are very sparse, to say the least, as I’m sure you realise

On which websites have you looked?

Maddie

Maddie Report 30 Apr 2021 15:07

there is a tree on ancestry but no documentation for birth and no parents named

alviegal

alviegal Report 30 Apr 2021 15:10

There are a lot of trees on ancestry with this as his birth 17 Mar 1803 Dungarvan, Kilkenny, Ireland but I can find nothing to substantiate this and none of the trees have anything to prove this.

JPK

JPK Report 30 Apr 2021 15:42

Thankyou for all your efforts I have I have tried all the usual routes with no success I have seen the trees which gives March 17th1803 one of them is private.
I have latest copy of WHO you think you are and it has an article saying many Irish records put on Ancestry. No. Luck ther though.
Many thanks Joan

safc

safc Report 30 Apr 2021 17:21

hi you could try here

£13 for a day

https://www.rootsireland.ie/

JPK

JPK Report 30 Apr 2021 20:53

Thanks for your help. Sadly still no joy.

Joan